Landmark, Any Guest hassle?

NokTang

I relize your were not angry or tring to flame me.

For many, impressions and the relationship is not important. For myself, it matters. I suppose this is because I am a sober individual and cherish my sexual activities in Thailand, or anywhere else. I like to think it is special to the girl, even though I know I am paying her. Just makes for a better time, always for me, sometimes for her. I'm one of those who will toss a girl out quick if she changes attitude in the room, without a single baht I might add.

regards and have a nice day. smile.gif" border="0

Nok crazy.gif" border="0

I stayed at the Landmark for five days in April. The rate was TB 2200 and I had no guest hassles. There was always a staff member by the elevators but they never asked questions. The quality of the hotel was equal to the price but not much over that. Great location though.

"I believe Jaybloom and maybe Peter G. have given it negative reviews in the last 6 months"

Very good memory my professional sanuker friend(Kaiser99)!

I stayed at the Landmark in June 97 and April

2001 and it went way down hill. They were very stingy with the towels. I didn't even have a chance to offer them a tip and they were already talking negatively about me in Thai(my wife overheard the maids). The bkfst buffet is no longer in the lobby restaurant,it is downstairs an is definitely inferior to other hotel buffets. The rooms were getting shabby. There was some other stuff that I can't recall. Although I did not bring any "guests" to the room, I did see quite a few Sanukers get hassled. The guard desk is next to the elevators so there is no alternative route (sounds like a traffic report). I changed to the Marriot and payed 3900 baht(2 people,2 breakfasts). Jay

Whether or not one should send money to his sweethart seems to be one of two eternally undecided issues, the second one being the Landmark Hotel. Here my 2 cents :

recommended two friends there in May, they paid 85 us for a junior-suite and took girls in and out in busloads. never ever anybody asked them any questions , the only thing they were insisting on was the lady's ID card.

" Noktang : " I do not permit ID-checks..."

You better would; they do not check them because they are interested in the girl's details, this is for your own safety. there are thousands of stories about falangs and missing briefcases or worse. in the Landmark they took the cards from the ladies and when they left , my friends received a call from the reception if everything was fine. this to me is excellent service.

cheers

Cheers Bill, and thanks for the reply.

While I don't permit ID checks, your apparent acceptance of it as a securtity element is quite interesting.

I was wondering, aside from the possible deterance impact (the girl would be less? likely to steal with her ID downstairs) have you EVER heard of the ID check resulting in the arrest and return of stolen property and/or proscution for "bargirl abuse" of a Farang? AFTER the girl has left the hotel, perhaps the Farang noticed his laptop or ring missing, every happen?? they go find her and return the item?? because of the ID check/record.

thanks, serious question.

Nok

[ August 11, 2001: Message edited by: NokTang ]

I have not stayed there but was looking into it. The agent I spoke to warned me of a lot of building work they were going to do this summer, upgrading rooms, the car park at the back? and the driveway. Sounded as if it could be a lot of noise, so I booked as usual at the tai pan with a few days at the JW marriot at the end of the trip, 1650 and 4000 baht. -peter

quote:

Originally posted by JAYBLOOM:

"I believe Jaybloom and maybe Peter G. have given it negative reviews in the last 6 months"

Very good memory my professional sanuker friend(Kaiser99)!

Jay

I had a stopover in BKK in Feb01 and stayed at the Landmark. I asked a BG from NEP if she could get into the Landmark.. She said No Problem...what's your room number. I wasn't comfortable walking into the place with a BG. So, I'm in my room and I get a call from security, aking if I was expecting a lady? I replied yes, and she appeared. After she left, I got another call from security asking if everything was ok? I thought this was OK, I didn't get hasseled and wasn't asked to pay extra.

The elevator from the lower/street level only takes you to the main reception area, you still have to walk in and past the guard station to get to the room elevators.

I would stay their again!

Archived