Advice please on moral dilema

No food!

I sat in the Morning & Night bar in Soi 4 last week enjoying the music having a cold beer when a voice at my right shoulder said "I bring beautiful lady for you". Well in truth she wasn't very beautiful and she was very shy, so shy that I couldn't really get her name! We chatted for little while over a couple of drinks. It turned out that the company she had worked for had closed and she hadn't been able to get another job, so her friend had brought her to the bar to "free lance".

It became apparent as we talked that she was well educated and spoke some French and Spanish as well as good English. It also became apparent that she had no money and hadn't eaten all day and wanted me to bar fine her!

Frankly I wasn't all that interested and was actually on my way to another bar so I paid the tab and gave her some money to get a meal from one of the numerous street vendors.

Question? How many people would have taken advantage of her plight and taken her back to their hotel for some 1000.00 Baht ST sex which I am sure she would have been terrified of. Or did I do the wrong thing by giving her money to get a meal and simply postponing the inevitable?

Thaipan

Or did I do the wrong thing by giving her money to get a meal and simply postponing the inevitable?

Taipan,

You did nothing wrong in giving her a tip so she could buy a meal. But I also see no wrong in taking her for a ST to the nearest hotel. It's after all what she is there for. Your 20 or 100 baht tip is not going to change that.

Cheers,

Soongmak

Yes I agree with what you say but the impression that I got was that there was no way she wanted to be there in the first place and to me it seemed like she was scared shitless at the thought of the whole thing.

A dilemma is a situation where one faces a difficult or unpleasant choice. I don't think standing a meal to somebody down on their luck fits that description. Better she break her duck on a full stomach.

Yep, you did everything right (may be paying her a lady drink would have been enough as she usually gets a payment from the bar too).

From my point of view, going with shy ladies will usually end in a situation nothing to write a lot of....

This is really an interesting situation. First of all you mentioned that she wasn't very attractive. Would it have made a difference if she was? I think you did just fine by getting her lunch. On the other hand lets look at this situation a little more closely. Most of the guys here enjoy going out to bars and paying women to join them in their rooms. We seem to have very little in the way of a moral dilema in that regards. The reallity is that each and every one of these girls had to have a first time. Each and every one of them had to undergo the procees of setting aside their values and crossing into a different way of life. Now it could be argued that it is easier for some girls than others. And I think we even propagate that theory.

"Oh she is just a simple issan farm girl" she has on options to make money, so this is a good way for her to advance herself! Ah but a well educated and urbain woman. Such a shame she has to resort to this. Thaipan, I am not flaming you, I think the way you have responded is very normal and probably the way many guys would.

I just find it very interesting that many of us seem to be in denial about the moral issues involved with p4p. As for myself I would have invited the lady out for dinner, enjoyed the fact that she spoke english, and then gone back to my room and been as gentle and playful with her as possible. She has made the choice! The most moral thing I could do would be to show her that she is still a human being, and worthy of some simple respect. Opps sorry got on a rant again!

The reallity is that each and every one of these girls had to have a first time.

Right, but I will never be the first customer. Or I will stay with her and pay her but without having sex with her. I consider it as really bad to introduce a girl to this profession. Ok, when she is older than 25 and really wants to do it, it could be ok. But 18 years old girls? The guys who want only sex should stick to professional ones.

Ok, ok, the supply of new girls would be destroied if everyone would think this way. But wouldn't this be great?

(I know that I am crazy, but I paid once about 12000 baht to stay with a girl for 2 weeks without even kissing her. She was new. And it was fun to hang around with her and her friends.)

Best regards

Davegas >As for myself I would have invited the lady out for dinner, enjoyed the fact that she spoke english, and then gone back to my room and been as gentle and playful with her as possible. She has made the choice! The most moral thing I could do would be to show her that she is still a human being, and worthy of some simple respect.<

I'm not sure I agree with you about taking her home. It depends on the situation and the girl.

If she's really new to freelancing, and not very keen, you may end up with a frustrating session, doing neither of you any good.

I came back from Soi Cowboy one night empty handed ( didn't find anyone whom I liked and who would agree to LT (I don't like to sleep alone).

Passing through Asoke, thinking I may find someone on Sukhumvit after 2.00, I stopped at a barbeer in the middle somewhere, i think an offshoot of Princess bar.

I found a cute 20 yr old. Darkblond haircolour, nice smile. I sat down, had a beer, and found I liked her. She was studying, one more year to go, but had lost her job, and her friend suggested she'd try this option. She agreed to come home with me and stay the night. She was a bit shy, but very pleasant.

Once back home, she got shyer. She said this was the first time a falang had taken her home. She had a BF (TH) before, 'but not anymore, had other girlfirend, no good".

I proceeded slowly, let her have a shower on her own, got to bed, cuddled, stroked, and she took off her towel. Very pleasant, up to the point I wanted to relax her a bit with some tentative oral administrations. She froze, absolutely aghast at what i was going to do. She said, 'Just put it in and do it'. She wasn't in the slightest bit showing any signs of participating, jut proposed to lie there and 'think of england' (Thailand?)

I tried to explain that I understood it may be her first time , but she needed to understand that there was more to this than just lying back and have someone 'put it in and do it'.

That many falang would enjoy some of the other activities I was proposing, would probably expect them, and she might even enjoy them. No go!

I suggested that if she didn't want to have sex, she' be better off going home. She responded by saying 'Just do 'it', and we go sleep. '

I don't want to f... a passive body that has no reponse, and obviously doesn't want it. I got up, gave her 500 Bt, and told her to get dressed and go home. She looked both surprised and relieved. I told her that in my view, she'd better find another way to support herself, because this simply wasn't for her.

Girsl who want to work in this job have to be able to at least give the impression of having some enthusiasm, even if most of it may be faked. If they can't do that, they're not the right person for the job.

We walked out of the hotel, and toom a cab back to Sukhumvit, whee we parted company. I walked to the bit around Soi 15, and after about ten minutes (it was now 3.00 am) found myself another freelancer for the night. She wasn't as pretty, but boy, was she ever enthusiastic!!

I think Thaipan's response to his girl was the right one.

I agree with your actions 100%, there is no way I could start a young girl on that path. I have several friends (both male and female) in Thailand I know through business, including one beautiful young girl who has studied hard at university and is now just starting out in her chosen career. I try to imagine the thought processes and the moral dilemmas any girl must initially face to come to the decision to start on this path in life - and when you know them as a friend, like I am, or a relative, it really does bare thinking about.

Archived