Ambassador Hotel/ Manhatten Hotel Guest friendly?

Hi All

Will be in BKK soon, tried a search on the forum to see if these two hotels are guest friendly and nothing showed up, any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi

Ambassador is one of the hotel I stay frequently. YES it is, guestfriendly hotel, make sure ur room is - DOUBLE Occupany. Book the room as double room. The secuirity will check your room - single / double whem u walk with you Tilak, specially in the nights. Day time u can take rugy team to you room ;)

cheers

vinod

Please let us know how you book the Ambassador if you decide to stay there. There have been a number of recent reports, including mine, saying that they never reply to emails. I tried booking thru their web site and directly to both their listed email adresses. Never got a reply. Eventually booked thru an agency that was cheaper than going direct anyway.

Supposed to be going on the 25th April but now like many others I am awaiting the SARS latest info and wondering if it is safe to go.

Uniformguy

I have stayed at the Ambassador and found it to be guest friendly. As others have said book a double.

I booked both as a walk in basis and via www.thailand-hotel.net The cheapest rate was through the agent which included breakfast for 2. Because I wanted to extend my stay I rebooked with the hotel. If you book at the weekly rate it was approximately the same as the agency but no breakfast. The agency rate is very good but when I booked via it would only allow me to book for no more that 3 days. athough at that time it was early December and I guess the hotel may have been booked up.

jirve

I stayed in the Tower wing and was pretty satisfied with the hotel.

But as far as I am concerned you can stuff the breakfast!

It is a bloody zoo there, too crowded and it looks as though most of the customers are trying to fill up for the day!

Not worth getting up early for!

Location is great, smack between SC and NEP.

Good seafood restaurant, market style.

Hi

I always book Ambassador through asiatravel. You get a very good rate of 1700 for a double room in tower wing with breakfast. The contact person is Daisy. This is on pre-paid basis. I have been using this agency for more than 3 years and never had a problem with my credit cards or the booking.

another 148 hours for me to land in bkk......

cheers

vinod

I've tired both and greatly prefer the Manhattan. The Manhattan, while it has about 800 rooms, has a "homey" feeling. The front desk staff are friendly, pretty professional, and always agreeable. They are guest friendly. One two occasions I remember, my wife and I had two of her friends stay for the night in the room booked for two, and they didn't say a thing. As another did with the Ambassador, I suggest booking a double room to be on the safe side.

The breakfast is...well...its a hotel buffet. What would you expect? Its edible and usually not nearly as crowded as at the Ambassador.

The rooms at the Manhattan have been renovated in the last year or two, so all the rooms I've been in are pretty new looking, and I think nicer than the rooms I've stayed at in the Ambassador. The cleaning ladies do a pretty good job and are very friendly.

The price is lower than that of the Ambassador. Next week I'll spend a couple of nights there at 897 Baht/night (staying by myself :( ). The rack price is about 1800 baht, but you can get prices around 1,000 baht like this from various online booking agencies. I suggest planet holiday (www.planetholiday.com), which I also recommend highly -about five years of booking with them and they have always handled my needs promptly and professionally.

So...given the choice, I always take the Manhattan now that I've tried both. I really prefer the warm and highly competent staff at the Manhattan, especially at such a good price.

RickF

The Manhattan is way better! I like it alot it has 8 or 9 floors and about 2 to 400 rooms. They have a bath house on the second floor and offer RMS for 45 bht in the morning...you can have your free breakfast in your room for 45 additional bht. I have never been stopped by the staff about guests. They have alot of tour groups in house so whenyou make the reservation be mindfull they might not have room for a longer stay...it's happened twice to me. They answer emails and you can find a rate of 790 on BKKtonight links for hotel listings. They will change sheets after 7pm if you want ST's before your night time LT's. My only problem is that if they see soap in the holders they never leave more I allways throw the soap away after my first use. The AmB...I stayed one night with a hostess and the place was full of milldew and not very clean. the girl refused to shower so I pillaged her after mine. Talk about aggressive fun..that's another story. :devil:

Archived