Imperial Queen Park Hotel advice?

upscale, but not luxury; close to washington nightlife; walking distance to SC, 5-10 min taxi ride to NEP or CEP

not sure, whether they are guest friendly (had a businessfriend staying there and i drove him and his girl into the parking spot, from where he could access the lift without walking through the huge lobby)

Gee... if this place is not luxury then what is? Anybody know what a room is worth here? All I ever see in here is rich Japanese business men with golf-clubs.

Dan,

I love the place. Excellent employees, and great location (you can get to the wonderful park through the back door, which is a nice shortcut to Skytrain). The gym and pools are first-rate, as is the buffet breakfast. No problems with guests, but you should be very discrete and respectful. If you are bringing in a hardcore flaming hooker, do it late at night.

The Royal Family is a part owner, and some of them visit on a monthly basis. Also, this was the BKK lodging place for the Thai Olympic Boxing Team, while they were touring.

My company put me up in the corner suite rooms, which I like more than any other rooms in BKK, save for the Oriental (which I could never afford). The standard rooms are nice, but nothing exceptional.

The room rate is the tricky item. If you cannot get a heavily discounted corporate rate, it probably will not be a good value for you, compared to what you could do elsewhere. Ask for the same rates* that they give to the China Air and Luftansa flight attendants who grace the lobby. wink.gif" border="0

* I really don't know what that rate would be, but I would optimistically shoot for THB2,300 in low season, for a standard room, with a good "corporate" discount.

[ August 05, 2001: Message edited by: vtombrown ]

Archived