Korean Air cancels some Bangkok Flights

NokTang

Got a call from KAL, my connection on a FRIDAY night, the 8PM flight ICN to BKK has been "schuldule changed", they had no solution.

Proposed I layover TWENTY FOUR HOURS at the airport, and offered to "REQUEST" a hotel comp. REQUEST...fuckingggg, can you imagine?

I "fixed" my situation, however, anyone on KAL best re-confirm your flights still fly or else...

hurdles, hurdles...WAR, SARS, CANCELED,....whats a guy to do????

Nok the Kook

NokTang,

it's not only KAL. Many Asian carriers took flights out of their networks due to inferior booking demand. Even those flights which are still operating are half or more empty. SARS is really taking its toll.

Says jp1:

NokTang,

it's not only KAL. Many Asian carriers took flights out of their networks due to inferior booking demand. Even those flights which are still operating are half or more empty. SARS is really taking its toll.

Tell me about it i am in the industry and all day changing routings and trying to get good connections with no stopovers.

I keep saying my name is sampson not superman :banghead:

Our carrier is about to put off 1500 staff...and they are MAKING money as compared to some other carriers :cussing:

I can handle Wars and Terror threats, but this SARS thing is realy takeing its toll on me as well as many others I suspect.

I'm ready to take the "risk" and go, but don't want to be quarintined or otherwise be subject to wearing a "mask" and fines at the whim of some policeman? Nightmare all of it. Easy to "cancel" but I will not.

This KAL example, I mention because they had not even re-booked me, the computer did not automatically tell them, arrival at 5PM missed the 4PM connection to Bangkok...I could have easily been stuck in the airport 24hours had I not checked the message center. (I use a secure phone number for obvious reasons as I am on business in San Francisco, not Bangkok/Pattaya)

take care

Nok

Tell me about it i am in the industry and all day changing routings and trying to get good connections with no stopovers.

There is not much to tell about. Airlines are changing schedules and cancelling flights or operating with smaller aircrafts because they want to keep their losses as small as possible. Flights out of Japan to SE Asia are heavily curtailed. To HKG there are only a very few flights left. People here are really afraid about SARS. The Iraq war adds to the dilemma of the airline industry.

Archived