NANA POOL ?????

Dr. Cop

Yep, I know.

I also stayed there many times, but from my memory the pool was hardly to be rated as the very best. However, I stayed in january in the landmark, room facing down to nana. At this time, the construction was still going on.

I checked out of the Nana last Thursday. No....it's not finished and I seriously doubt that it will be finished by the "June 2003" date on a sign indicating that completion date. They have a great deal to do yet. My guess is next fall...or Sept at the earliest (judging on their past performance).

Blimey,

they sure have spent some time doing up the pool.

Wasn't bad about 15 years ago until it was put in the shade by JW Marriot, literally.

I love/hate the Nana hotel and expect to be disturbed by the one guy with a hammer building the pool in September! :sleeping:

Says jacko:

Blimey,

they sure have spent some time doing up the pool.

Wasn't bad about 15 years ago until it was put in the shade by JW Marriot, literally.

Well, it wasn't quite 15 years ago, but you're right. I remember that I had about 5 BG's for a "swim" one aftenoon while the Marriot was under construction. The guys working on the "shell" of the Marriot stopped work completely to check out the bikin-clad dollies, one hanging over the edge of the blgs so far I thought he was going to fall !

As for the noise, yeah, they start about 7 a.m. hammering away...were still framing the shell of the pool. Made a room change after three mornings of that crap.

I love/hate the Nana hotel and expect to be disturbed by the one guy with a hammer building the pool in September!
:sleeping:

I was staying in the J. W. Marriott which over looks the Nana Hotel in March, though I could not see the pool I did notice that they were repainting the outside of the hotel.

In fact I became quite fascinated by this as it is related to my own business. There were two Thai painters who were sitting in very crude bosun's chair's lowered over the roof and tied off to the poles that secure the satelitte dish to the roof!!! :doah: highly safe and secure! They had 20 litre drums of paint tied to belt hooks as well! :dunno:

I can just see our Health and Saftey Executive Inspectors being thrilled by this approach, though it must have saved the contractors a fortune in scaffolding!

Thaipan

[color:"green"] I was staying in the J. W. Marriott which over looks the Nana Hotel in March, though I could not see the pool I did notice that they were repainting the outside of the hotel. [/color]

I was staying in the Nana Hotel in March. One morning I was awoken by a male voice speaking Thai outside my window. A few moments later I realized my room is on the 8th floor! Then I saw the silhouette of the guy on the curtains. It ruined my tilacs desire for morning festivities. :cussing:

Archived