Where do they sell bleach for laundry?

JJsushi

I have been in BKK for a few weeks now and have noticed tht my whites are less than their usual white. I have washed them myself and have sent them out to laundry but they always remain dingy.

I went to Carrefour and Tesco the other day and for the life of me I could not find a bottle of bleach(chlorine) or Clorox that we use here in the States.

Does anyone know where in the hell I can purchase a bottle of laundry bleach or if it goes by another name?

Thanks in advance

Says lopburi3:

As Racha says it is available everywhere in both liquid and dry forms. Just get the idea of gallon Clorox bottles out of you mind. Perhaps you should also pretreat with Breeze Presto (red plastic with sponge applicator).

thanx for the info all. I found the Hi-Ter bleach. Can you believe that it is in a liter bottle that is pink in color!! I thought it wa fabric softner originally. I had to open it up and sniff it to make sure it was bleach. Different consistency also that what I know of.

Will give it the old spin cycle today to see if the stuff passes the test.

Your post made me laugh because I remember trying to find bleach the first time I looked for it.

I was telling my girlfriend what I wanted and she jsut didn't understand. Finally it clicked and she said "hi-ter" or haitwhiter or whatever it is called. She showed me the bottle and same as you I didn't want to believe her.

It is bleach, and it does work.

FYI, i have since found that Tesco sells small bottles that are actually labeled "Bleach".

Archived