Impact Arena - Getting There???

redwood13

Best to take taxi all of the way. Mo Chit BTS station can be so busy that it's difficult to get a taxi at that time. And it's not much help going to Mo Chit in any event.

You don't want to take a motorcycle taxi. Much too far. and they aren't allowed on the expressway.

I'm not going to describe every turn, but here's a summary...

Get a taxi, tell the driver you want to go on the Chaeng Wattana Expressway to Pakkret/Muang Thong Thani. He might balk, tell him that you'll pay for the expressway and then he should agree. Take the on-ramp at Sukhumvit 1 for the Expressway. (40 baht)

(Once you get onto Chaeng Wattana Expressway proper, which is just West North West of Victory Monument, traffic should be good. So maybe a better alternative would be to take the BTS to the Victory monument, as there is an onramp to the Chaeng Wattana Expressway there. Don't know how easy it is ti get a taxi there, though.)

He'll continue onto the Chaeng Wattana Expressway. Quite a ways. Past the Mo Chit bus terminal, then the tollbooth. (10 baht). Continue on.

On about the 3rd exit after the tollbooth, exit off Chaeng Wattana (Pakkret) (yes, it's confusing, there's a street with the same name as the Expressway). On the exit ramp, he'll bear right (and then left as you loop around to get on the Westbound lane) and then start heading East toward Laksi/Don Muang airport. A few hundred meters from the exit ramp there will be a big Muang Thong Thani sign up high on the left. So take a left on that street, which goes directly to the arena. I assume it will be jam packed, so just follw the other cars.

(There are a couple of back ways in, but it'll be confusing and probably those will be busy too.)

I would hope that the driver would know how to get to the Muang Thong Thani Impact arean without you giving directions.

Archived