where to get re-entry visa?

Bembaman

I have a Non Imm. B single entry and need to go overseas. As i understand it, so as not to invalidate the visa, I need a re-entry stamp. Do i have to go to Suan Plu or is there somewhere at the airport to get it done? Can it be obtained at the time of travel or does it need to be obtained in advance?

Thanks.

You are correct - your visa is cancelled when you first enter, unles it is a multiple-entry visa.

You can get a re-entry permit at Soi Suan Phlu - right on ground floor.

You can also get it at the airport. In Terminal 1 ticketing area, as you face away from the street, there is a Re-Entry Permit office sunk into the rear wall, just to the right of the right-most doorway going back to immigration. It has just a "ticket window" type counter. It takes about 15 minutes to get a reentry permit. You must bring a passport-type photo, and fill out a form. You must already have your boarding pass. You hand in the whole collection of stuff, along with your passport and 1,500 baht (if I remember correctly), and then take a seat nearby. About 15 minutes later, they call for you, and hand you back your passport, with the re-entry permit stamped inside.

If you are taking an early morning flight, and come to this office before 6:00 am, it will appear closed. Look moreclosely - they actually have a clerk sleeping in the office on a cot. You have to yell to wake this person up - and he moves fairly slowly, so it takes closer to 30 minutes to get your re-entry permit - but they are "open" 24 hours a day.

Good luck!

Stone Soup

Archived