Beer Chang goes IPO in Thailand

http://www.thaivisa.com/index.php?514&backPID=514&tt_news=272

17-04-03

Beer Chang goes IPO in Thailand

Beer Thai prepares to list on Thai stock exchange

BANGKOK - Major Thai brewer Beer Thai 1991, the brewer of market leader Beer Chang, has gained steam in its preparations for a stock exchange listing in the fourth quarter.

The Stock Exchange of Thailand (SET) said it expects market capitalization on the brewer to reach pre-financial-crisis levels of 3.5 trillion baht (US$81.9 billion).

The chairwoman of SET's Capital Market Opportunity Center, Sopawadee Lertmanaschai, told the Bangkok Post that Beer Thai was well prepared for what was expected to be the largest initial public offering (IPO) by a private Thai venture this year.

Beer Thai is owned by Charoen Sirivadhanabhakdi and expects to raise about 50 billion baht in its IPO. Merrill Lynch Phatra Securities is the financial advisor for the IPO, which is to listed as part of the food and beverage sector.

Source: Asia Pulse

Just a feeling but Leo seems to be taking over from BChang as the beer of choice in the upcountry areas. certainly in the shops I went into the shelves were stocked with Leo and very little chang. I brought a case of Chang for a Issarn party and they asked me if they could take it back and swap it for Leo. Saying that, the stuff tastes like piss to me.

Archived