Where to stay in pattaya.

ZMAN

You will be staying there in about a week and a half? Perhaps I will see you there! :D One of my friends that was going to go with me seems to have chickened out ::, though there is still a chance he might change his mind. :clown:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says asiahand:

Try Residence gardens which has a dive school as part of the overall business. If you go to
you can get the all suite hotel at 1350 baht per night. Captains corner next door cooks very good steaks.

Ack! ::

Been there, got the Freelancer special last year... HATED IT!

Rooms were OK, Pool was nice and clean.

None of the Baht Bus drivers know where this place is!!

Too far from the action. WAY TOO FAR! :cussing:

Best bet IMHO is the Penthouse Hotel. Located right in the center of the action! (This is where I stayed my first trip in 2000, and where I plan on staying in '04).

5 minute walk to the big shopping mall, BJ bars, Walking street! :grinyes:

Rooms are a bit tacky, but who cares!!?

-=/NN

I find it strange that you did not like the Residence Garden.

I love the extra space.

Baht bus drivers - they drive on pre-prescribed routes - anyhow I just carried the hotel's card in my wallet for the motorcycle boys.

Walking time from RG to walking street is about 7 minutes, but I was always straight on a 2 minute baht bus ride infront of the place.

Sure the Penthouse is right there in the thick of it - but beware if you are a light sleeper.

Jump on the baht bus and press the ring button when you see the RG and get out don't ever go to the baht bus window accept to pay 5 or 10 baht never pay more. If you want to pay more, rent the baht bus alone, or get in an argument go to the window and talk to the driver who will always say 100 baht 100 baht you pay now...this use to hapen to me. :banghead:

I have been going to Pattaya too long to even contemplate talking to the baht bus driver! I jusy pop 10 baht whether I am going Pattaya to RG or RG to Jomtiem.

I just wish I could figure out which baht busses are going to turn right at the South Road /Second road junction when I board at the beach road rather than left!. How do you know which route they are doing???? :dunno:

And if I am really drunk at a beer bar and don't want to stand around I send one of the girls to "get me baht bus, 50 baht go Icon" :drunk:

Says jacko:

II just wish I could figure out which baht busses are going to turn right at the South Road /Second road junction when I board at the beach road rather than left!. How do you know which route they are doing????
:dunno:

I can't figure this out either. I always end up walking up to 2nd Rd to catch the bus in the right direction. :dunno::dunno:

I don't think there is a way to tell as I see plenty of Thai people jump off just after the lights.

If I am in sight of a junction I point the way I want to go and the drivers will often shake their head or stop if they are going that way.

Asking isn't as straight forward as it seems. The driver will often go which ever way you tell him you want to go but may view this as a private hiring of the taxi and try and charge you a higher fare.

When baht bus comes you point with finger if you are going straight or want to turn somewhere.

If you point to the right and baht bus is going straight it wont stop . That's the way the locals handle this thing without asking anything. And the system works. ::

Archived