The best motorcycle roads in Thailand

Guest baldrick

Guest lazyphil

Krabi province has high quality, quiet roads surrounded by some of the most amazing views I've seen anywhere. Also some beautiful dirt tracks to explore..god I wish I could be there now :cussing::banghead::doah:

I too am the wrong side of a half century and still want to ride motorbikes.Some of the roads north of Chiang Mai are very good for sports bikes.If you want more details check out www.gt-rider.com.

I am based near Namsom when in Thailand(not so far from Loei)and there seems to be a big road improvement scheme going on from there towards Loei at the moment,so on my next trip probably in october I may well try out your recommendation.

Got any others over that way or towards Udon?I am more an offroader but enjoy a good bit of tarmac from time to time.

I've had many many good rides in Thailand but one of my most memorable is the mountain road between Mae Sariang and Mae Sot.

It's not fast, it's not a good road, it's not suitable for an overweight rice-cooker as mine but it's a fantastic ride: Beautiful surroundings, hardly any other vehicles on the road, small non-electrified hilltribe villages and the "excitement-factor" of no-mans-land and the proximity of Myanmar. ;)

I truly recommend it!

Archived