Executive Studio at Grand Pres.

I'm interested in opinions of the Executive Studios at the Grand President.

I've heard tower two is the best.. Is that true?

I basically need a reasonably priced hotel (up to 2000 baht per night), close to the action, guest friendly, decent buffet breakfast, a good gym and a nice big pool. Any other suggestions would be much appreciated.

I'll be in Bangkok for 3 nights on route to London. I arrive on the 28th of September and would enjoy catching up for a few beers if anyone's interested.

SM

Although I have not paid for a suite in Tower 2 I have been routed there several times when I had a reservation for a Topaz suite in Tower 3 but they were full. So I got to stay in the Tower 2 suites for the price of a studio. Such a deal! They were very nice and Tower 2 is in fact the place to stay IMO. The lobby is pretty sleepy in Tower 2 and you can come and go as you please. The exercise room is in that tower and it has a great pool. You have to go through the main lobby in Tower 1 which is a bit too busy for me. Sometimes I slip over to Tower 1 for that pool and often have it to myself when the Tower 2 pool is too busy. You can peek over the hedge next to the pool in Tower 2 to check out the other pool if you like. The suites are very nice. 24 hour room service.

I've stayed in Tower 1, 2 & 3. The last time I stayed in Tower 3 'cause I was there 10 days and paying for myself, it was alright, but well worn. Tower two is what the company pays for 5500 Baht for three days/two nights and 2300 per extra, this includes Limo to the airport, late check out, breakfast, sauna, etc. etc. I think a good deal. I've been bumped to Tower One and that was great, almost too big, and yes busy at the enterance.

To both Sailor and Oz_Man,

This is just the sort of information I was looking for. Great stuff.

Based on your responses, I think GP tower two is what I'm after.

Thanks.

SM

quote:

Originally posted by Seoul_Man:

I've heard tower two is the best.. Is that true?

For now I am staying at the GP, tower #1. I've been to the GP for several times now, but I never stayed in tower #3. I prefer tower #1, as the rooms are the best. Try to get a room at an upper level with a view.

The rooms in tower #2 are too dark furnished in my opinion; sometimes it is a hit or miss, what room you will get. If you are not satisfied with your room, ask the reception; they will help you.

But overall, the location and price compared to the rooms are the best.

I have received confirmation of my room in Tower 1. 1,670.THB - including tax, per night. Is that a decent rate or could I expect to get that down a little? Maybe they could throw in breakfast?

Also, they want my credit card details. Expiry date etc. Is that standard practice at the GP? I'm a bit concerned about sending my credit card details to anyone. Let alone Thailand where credit card fraud is rife..

SM

quote:

I have received confirmation of my room in Tower 1. 1,670.THB - including tax, per night. Is that a decent rate or could I expect to get that down a little? Maybe they could throw in breakfast?

I am staying in an executive suite, THB 2300 per day including ABF. I got this as a walk-in-rate, package offer. I know from other postings, that the topaz-studios are very popular. They can be had from THB 1100. Sorry, I have no idea about the correct/ going rate for an Executive Studio. Every time, I've been here, I've been staying in a suite.

quote:

Also, they want my credit card details. Expiry date etc. Is that standard practice at the GP? I'm a bit concerned about sending my credit card details to anyone.

I never give my credit-card-details via e-mail or in advance. I think, you can trust the GP, but there are many ways, that your credit-card-details can be read/ spy. Just think about the ISPs etc. On every server, where the e-mails are stored, there is a certain risk. So, if you *have* to give your credit card details, always choose a secure channel. Second, if you have to cancel your reservation, I am not sure, whether they will charge you for the room or not.

On this trip, I just ask for a reservation via e-mail and they confirmed it, without asking for my credit-card-details. But, may be, thats why I am a regular customer at the GP.

I hope, this helps. Enjoy your stay.

[ August 25, 2001: Message edited by: Horny_Dog ]

If you are in Suite in Tower 1 for that price, grab it. It sounds more like a Tower 3 Studio rate.

For so can you forward your confirmation to me via email (jimmy_s@iname.com). I stay here lots and have never been able to cut a better deal that the 5500 3day/2night with all the extras in Tower 2.

I interested to see how they have structured it?

BTW: I've never had a problem with cards at GP, I've even got them to book airfares for me at the front desk, they do get discount flights, but they add their services fees etc, with I thing are more than fair.

You will enjoy your stay, especially if in Tower 1. May sure you order a room massage 500B per hour, nice girls, extras are charged for. Sometime cheaper that the drinks, barfines etc, and if you don't like to look of her (unlikely) under a strong light, pay the 500B only and enjoy a good real massage.

quote:

Also, they want my credit card details. Expiry date etc. Is that standard practice at the GP? I'm a bit concerned about sending my credit card details to anyone. Let alone Thailand where credit card fraud is rife..

SM

Firstly, I just want to thank everyone for their information and advice.

Oz_Man,

I have the confirmation in writing. Tower one, no breakfast, no transfers. Refer to the following attachment. Maybe we could start a thread on good hotel rates and seasonal specials.

Dear Mr. <Seoulman> (Name changed)

Greeting from Grand President Executive Serviced Apartments!

We are pleased to confirm your reservation.

as follow:

Guest Name : Mr. <Seoulman>

Duration : 28 Sep'01 to 1 Oct'01

Room type : an Executive Studio (Tower 1)

Room Rate : (THB) 1,670.- nett per day on room only

including taxes.

Airport pick up : no

- Please advice your credit card number and type of your

credit card together with expiry date to guarantee your reservation

by email or you can send by fax at, (662) 651-1260 / 1 attn. to me.

- Please advice your flight detail or arrival time, otherwise

your reservation will be released at 6:00 pm.

- A cancellation charge on the total value of reservation

for each room cancelled will be levied for any notice of cancellation

recieved. Within 24 hours prior to the arrival date will be charged

at one night.

Look forward to welcome you soon.

Best regards,

Ms. Kwan

Secy. to RM

Ah... The key word here is Studio verses Suite.

Check out the difference here= http://www.presidentpark.com/v13.html

I've stayed in the Topaz Studios which are in in Tower 3, and the Executive Suites in Tower Two, The Executive STUDIOS in Tower One I have not seen.

Here is my deal:

Always stayed Single rate, ladies no problem.

Currently we have our Topaz Package for 2 Nights / 3 Days

Topaz Studio

==========

Single THB 3,700 - extend night THB 1,350

Double THB 4,100 - extend night THB 1,550

Package includes :

* Round-trip transfer to airport

* Breakfast

* Fruit Basket

* English newspaper

* Late check-out till 18.00 hrs.

* Unlimited free use of Fitness Center

* VAT included

Royal Suite

=========

Single THB 5,500 - extend night THB 2,300

Double THB 6,000 - extend night THB 2,500

Package includes :

* Round-trip transfer to airport

* Breakfast

* Fruit plate

* Free on set of tea / coffee maker

* English newspaper

* Late check-out till 18.00 hrs.

* Complimentary Steam & Sauna (one hr./pax)

* Unlimited free use of Fitness Center

* VAT included

Remember the limo is worth 500B each way. and the late check out is good value too, so for room twice the size, depending on your lenght of stay, I'd spend the extra bahts.

Archived