2800 baht shirt?

Plainsdrifter

That's fuck all. After a nice few nights "on the pop" in BKK, I retired somewhat leisurely, to my place of residence to find, in "hindsight", that I'd shat my pants. Followed through somewhat loudly: brown shite everywhere, hotel bedsheet like a Hot Chocolate video. Tricky business to explain on the blower, but the hotel eventually agreed to take care of it.

j :doah:

Says Fiery Jack:

That's fuck all. After a nice few nights "on the pop" in BKK, I retired somewhat leisurely, to my place of residence to find, in "hindsight", that I'd shat my pants. Followed through somewhat loudly: brown shite everywhere, hotel bedsheet like a Hot Chocolate video. Tricky business to explain on the blower, but the hotel eventually agreed to take care of it.

j
:doah:

Sorry FJ.

How does this relate to the 2800 shirt ::

Yesterday someone in mbk wanted to quote me THB 5000 for a suitcase that is everywhere on the street THB 800 or less (it was a copy too).

ps: As long as you don't pay, no problem....

I've heard the better shirts are generally more pricier than that but I think it depends on the quality of the silk and the who's making the shirt. I heard 6000 and up quoted for typical Thai silk shirts. These are often what dignatories wear at weddings etc.

There is a tailor shop on Sukhumvit very close to the Majestic Hotel which sells decent Thai silk shirts. About three years ago

I paid 1400 Baht for one with a great pattern consisting of elephants, etc. There is still one on display in the window. What is great about the silk is that, if you wear it out to a bar where lots of people are smoking, the shirt seems to not absorb or retain the odor of smoke. It's important to have quality silk shirts dry cleaned vs. washing. The shirt shows no signs of wear ... perhaps because it's gotten a bit too small for me .... back to nam soda for me for a while! :banghead:

Archived