Little Gifts - What to buy???

AllenBlue

Hi,

Looking for a little advice. I always have great time in Pattaya and BKK. I?m usually only there once a year for a couple of weeks. Well, my experience is probably like most everyone?s on the board ? All of a sudden it is the day before the flight back and I realize I haven?t shopped for any little presents for the family, friends and co-workers. So, I usually scramble around (usually somewhat half drunk scooping up what ever I can find. I?m running out of things to buy.

Do you guys have any suggestions of what to buy, where to buy it? What do you guys get and take back?

I?ve gotten the little carved elephants, wooden chopsticks, lighters?some of the usual stuff. Then again the usual stuff I choose/find may not be the usual stuff you find. Does anyone have any unique little gifts they have found to give out?

Thanks,

AllenBlue

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Go to the weekend market and take a look around. It is so big, there's no way to see all of it at one time and you should get plenty of ideas just walking around. The prices are good, but the downside is it is HOT.

>Do you guys have any suggestions of what to buy, where to buy it? What do you guys get and take back?

I usually get a set of 10 or so little wooden tik-tuks. Not expensive and unique Thai.

It's a pleasure to see them after a while at my friends' desks/shelves/homes standing out as an interesting souvenir.

Just little tuk-tuk miniatures, sold in packs of 10 or 12. Have little wheels that roll, not suitable as toys though. Overall size (of one) as, say, 3 matchboxes stacked up.

Made of wood, away from Thai, look cute in Farangland. Can be found (at same stalls) in 2-3 bigger sizes.

For all: I just came back from the Suan Lum Night Bazaar (next to Lumpini Park). Many souvenirs there, very clean, no touts, civilsed, a great place to shop for souvenirs and anything. 3-4 good restaurants there.

Thanks....little gifts like that are just what I'm looking for...

the Suan Lum Night Bazaar (next to Lumpini Park)

This sounds like a good night trip. I haven't been to the park yet. A taxi, with the request to go to "Lumpini Park" would work? Would it be hard to find the Night Bazaar if one is not familiar with the area? What time at night would you suggest going there?

Thanks,

AllenBlue

Archived