Pretty Lady--Not 100%

Central Scrutinizer

ahh the 50-50(ha sip-ha sip) expression, gotta love that one ;)

I'm sure being part of village life for extended periods will get one exposed to all but the very minor details - for the better & the worse, but it just I've only scratched the surface in visited for few days or 5, thus my comparason :o

Keep it up ;)

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Greg,

Hi Greg. Thanks. Glad you enjoyed the story. Hell, I've tried to leave the AC on for the day while I go out and about for the day. Wife won't have it though. Big waste of electricity she says, and makes a big bill to pay. Tried arguing it was my cash paying the bill. She still shut the damned thing off after I went outside to start the truck. I might have to threaten to break her arm next time!! :-) No biggie actually, but damn it was hotter than hell over there this time. I'd never been there during the Songkran season.

And yeah, you're right about the tasty chicken in the countryside. Hey, it's free range and hormone free and very good. It's just this one guy who sells these BBQ-ed chicken bits in my village. He sells the boniest, nastiest, toughest damned buncha crap I've ever et. I still think the people don't really like his chicken, it's just cheaper than hell.

Hahahahaha! Yep, my dogs are the same. As soon as they see chicken in my hand they come slithering across the floor to lie under my feet, knowing I'll only eat the best meat off the bone, and they'll enjoy the rest under my table. Mama's weird snake stalking cat won't eat chicken for some reason. Weird cat. She's the one who alerted my wife to the presence of the damned cobra under the refer.

BTW, I ran over a big cobra a couple of weeks ago in the pick-up. Silly bastard just slid right in front of me as I was tooling along the soi outside of the village. A good six or seven footer this one was.

There's a story on it coming.

Cent

Cent:

you may want to get a timer for your air cond, have it come on a while b4 you get back ( if you can stick to a plan in thailand ha!)

works for me here, the air cond I have in Bkk has a timer built in for on or off.

also, Last time I heard the "lady not 100%" term, they were talking about a ladyboy.

snauk yai

Hi Cent,

As always I enjoyed your story a lot. You and another esteemed member of this board Bangkok Phil should definitely make a joint venture and go public.

I had to buy a new memory card to be able to store this one on my PDA with all the rest. I guess you owe me!! :)

Sure would like to meet up with you some time.

I used to live in Sakon Nakhon, and I am sure we could spend some time exchanging village life stories.

I think by the way that the term "lady not 100%" refer to the term "Mai Dtem Baht" in thai. Literally "not full baht". There is also another expression "Khon Banya Orn" Person Soft Mind or something like that. I guess that is the origin of the english expression.

Cheers

Hua Nguu

Hua Nguu,

"Hi Cent,

As always I enjoyed your story a lot."

**Hi Hua. Thanks. Glad you enjoyed it.

" You and another esteemed member of this board Bangkok Phil should definitely make a joint venture and go public."

**Well, I'm always open to suggestions. Problem is getting someone to publish the stories. I fear the market may be fairly limited to a lot of the stories done here.

"I had to buy a new memory card to be able to store this one on my PDA with all the rest. I guess you owe me!!"

**Owe what? :-) More stories? How about a beer when we meet one day?

"Sure would like to meet up with you some time."

**Same here. I'll try to post a date and time span when I'll be in, say, Gulliver's during the month of June. Probably be a Friday night, or over a weekend. Hell, ast trip I spent three nights in a row at Gulliver's I liked it so much. Nice place actually. Food was decent to.

"I used to live in Sakon Nakhon, and I am sure we could spend some time exchanging village life stories."

**I'd like that!

"I think by the way that the term "lady not 100%" refer to the term "Mai Dtem Baht" in thai. Literally "not full baht". There is also another expression "Khon Banya Orn" Person Soft Mind or something like that. I guess that is the origin of the english expression."

**Thanks for that info. I'll check with the wife and family and see if this jibes with what they are intending on/for meaning.

"Cheers

Hua Nguu"

**Cheers back at ya Hua. Later,

Cent

p.s. Are you in the LOS now?

Pasa,

Actually this AC has a remote control unit that may even have a timer set up on it. I didn't spend much time figuring out all the functions of the thing. I just got it turned on and working. The wife hadn't been able to figure out if it worked, or how to turn it on, until I showed her. I'll check it out more thoroughly in a couple of weeks when I'm back there.

I know what you are saying brother!! I haven't been able to come even remotely close to staying on any kind of pre thought out schedule when over there!! :-)

Not through any fault of my own of course, well not always, it always seems the wife has a few more things planned that wasn't told me when we go out, or she'll just be going out for a shampoo and such, which ends up taking an hour more because she'll decide she needs to do her nail polish a different color, meanwhile we were supposed to be already somewhere else by the time she gets back. Arrrrrrrggggggg!!

I just do my own thing now, and tell her to catch up later. The mobile helps. I've given up on schedules for the most part!

Hahahaha! No, this was definitely not a ladyboy, although I can see how the term "lady not 100%" would apply in that context.

Cent

Hi Cent,

Sorry about the late reply.

I have just returned from LOS due to unforseen circumstances.

On my FIRST day in Bkk within 3 hours after my arrival I was hit by a taxi and fractured my leg in 2 places. Talk about tough luck! :(

Been in hospital for a week and with my leg wrapped in plaster I didn`t feel like hanging around in bkk. So I went back home hoping to come back strong at a later time.

But that is definitely gonna take a couple of months.

Hope we`ll get the opportunity some other time.

Have a nice trip.

Cheers

Hua Nguu

Hua Nguu,

Damn. I'm sorry to hear about your accident, and glad you weren't hurt worse. I almost got nailed by two fat assed idiot Thai kids in Pattaya recently as I was stepping off the rear platform of a baht bus toward the curb. The idiot moto-cyke driver cut to the inside betwee the bus and the curb!! Missed me by a CH. (Cunt Hair, as we say in Boston) How'd your accident happen? Were you looking in the wrong direction as you stepped out? I have to try always to remember to look right instead of looking left first as we do here in the states when crossing a road. It doesn't help when you have a few brews in your belly either when in BKK! :-)

Hope you feel better soon. After this trip where I'll be staying for the month of June I'll be returning in early September for a longer 2 month/3 month stay. When do you think you'll be back over? Hope to see you then.

Cen

Hi Cent,

Thanx for your concern.

Yes, I was pretty happy too that it didn`t get any worse than it did. Although at that time it felt bad enough.Sure wish I`d had a few brews before that incident mayby it wouldn`t have hurt so damn bad when I woke up.

Having lived in LOS for several years I never step out on the street without looking on both sides even if it is a one way street.

I did see this taxi coming in my direction but it was in the middle of the street and as my friend told me later, there was apparently an obstacle in the middle of the street so he pulled to the right without noticing me standing there.

I don`t really remember anything but waking up in the hospital as I hit my head as well. But as my formerly good mate said "at least it was in your least vulnerable spot"

It probably won`t take too long before I will be back - broken leg or not - as I have this huni in Phetcabun that I cannot be without. :)

Cheers

Hua Nguu.

Archived