I Just Want to Kill People

SUZIBANDIT

Says SUZIBANDIT:

Error: 0E : 0028 : FF09E8E3

Hi suzi,

Why do they do this? Surely it is possible to provide a few words to give at least some idea of what the problem is? :banghead:

The only explanation I can come up with is pure laziness on the part of the developers. This fits, actually, with the characteristics of the developers I know. They are more interested in getting out for a drink as quickly as possible than writing sensible programs. :sleeping:

One day soembody will come up with a PC o/s that is relaible and user friendly and make even more money than Bill Gates.

Khwai

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brink et al,

I have been meaning to upgrade to XP for some time now, just never got around to it.

I know ME sucks, but for some reason this used to be the OS of choice here in Thailland.

I planned to get to Panthip before crackdown time, but alas my laziness got the best of me.

I guess I better start posting on one of the 'where can I find DVDs now' threads and find out what software places are 'showing'.

Until then I guess I'll sit around and hang my head in shame at the thought that I am running such a miserable version of Windows.

Oh the horror, the horror....

:doah: :: :doah:

Why do they do this?

Although laziness would appear to be the case it is much more complicated than that.

The error codes are really intended for use by Microsoft to debug your O/S (sorry, operating system, i.e. ME). Since there are potentially hundreds of different possible causes for a system to fail there are hundreds of different error code variations, although usually only a handful are typically seen regularly.

Even folks like myself who troubleshoot systems have to refer either to a knowledge base listing of error codes or in some cases actually call Microsoft ourselves.

It's just the nature of a very complicated beast.

I have been meaning to upgrade to XP for some time now, just never got around to it.

I know what you mean I have been trying to get around to taking care of the explosion of weeds in my yard for weeks now. ::

I know ME sucks, but for some reason this used to be the OS of choice here in Thailand.

Not just Thailand. It was heavily marketed in the US until Microsoft realized their sales were totally limited to new systems (almost no Win98 users upgraded), many of the alleged upgraded components to the O/S were available for free download. And the O/S was more unstable than Win98. Maybe they wanted to ensure users would get an opportunity to try out the then new system restore feature. :o

"I know ME sucks, but for some reason this used to be the OS of choice here in Thailland."

Yeah, when I asked my thai friends they said because, "It looks so cuuuttteeee, just look at it." They can now match their "desktop" to their Hello Kitty paper pads and pencils.

Gaaahhhhh

<<burp>>

Try here:

http://www.hitmanforum.com/

If its not stolen try asking the company that makes it.

Not much you can do about ME except trash it. We have a laptop that came with ME and the local Compaq dealer gave us an OEM version of w2k so that he wouldn't ever have to work on ME.

Earlier Brink mentioned that Linux had a steep learning curve. Thats a myth a current vesrsion of Mandrake, Red Hat or SuSE is every bit as warm and fuzzy as the popular consumer OSes (assuming your hardware is supported) if not more so. The only thing that makes it hard is that its new. Switching from Mac to Windows or vice-versa a desktop user would face the same difficulties, unfamiliarity. However Linux is not exactly a gamers OS, yet.

Archived