Recommendations for Bhat 800 range hotel?

What are hotels in the Bhat 800 range anyone would recommend?

I have been referred to look at:

Rio Business Residence;

Boss Hotel; and

Stable Lodge.

This is the Boss Hotel's web page:

http://bosstower.com

I have never been to BKK. The Boss Hotel looks to be excellent for Bhat 800, much cheaper than anything else I have found in that quality.

But, I don't know if its location is far from the action, etc.

Thanks

Here are the email replies I got from the Hotel Rio, Boss, and Stable Lodge. All are in the same price range (Rio is Bhat 100 cheaper). All look to be the same quality....??? (Yes?)

If I make a decision on LOCATION,

which would everyone prefer?

All three state they are guest friendly.

REPLY FROM BOSS HOTEL:

"Thank you for your compliment of our web page.

We do have a swimming pool and a fitness room as well as a sauna and a snooker room.

The swimming pool and a fitness room are free of charge but for a sauna and a snooker room will have a small charge. Our Boss Tower is on Rama 4 road which is parallel to Sukhumvit Road.

Yes, your guests are welcomed.

Please kindly confirm your arrival date and your required room type..

Regards,

Mrs. Intira"

REPLY FROM STABLE LODGE:

"Dear Jerry,

> Thank you for your mail,and thank you to

> Mr.Bassett ,too.Welcome to Stable Lodge

> Hotel,we still have available room.If you stay

> with us no problem for your guest,just leave

> the I.D.card with receptionist when they

> come.You can make a reservation by our web

> page.Hope to hear from you soon?

> Best Regards

Ø Stable Lodge /noi"

REPLY FROM RIO BUSINESS RESIDENCE:

?Dear Mr.Jerry,

We are so proud that have heard you interated in our hotel. Our hotel is located on NANGLINCHI Rd. nearby SATHON Rd. If you take taxi from SILOM Rd. You'll spend just 15 mins.You can tell a taxi driver that you want to go to NANGLINCHI Rd. RIO RESIDENCE HOTEL most of them should know our hotel.Maybe you can come from MBK. shopping center it's also near here.

If you have fax no. it'll be easier because we can sand thai language hotel map to you when you arrive Thailand you just show the map ot a taxi driver.

We allow your guest to stay together with you,one room we permit two person, for the third one we charge extra bed 300 BAHT.

The room rate is 693 BAHT per night per room.?

Stable Lodge for location,just spent 5 nights there for less than 5,000 baht. They do not always take ID. Ask for room on higher floor they are quieter-peter

Originally posted by Jay:

[QB]Here are the email replies I got from the Hotel Rio, Boss, and Stable Lodge. All are in the same price range (Rio is Bhat 100 cheaper). All look to be the same quality....??? (Yes?)

If I make a decision on LOCATION,

which would everyone prefer?

Jay:

It's not Boss Hotel. It's Boss Tower (or Mansion as it says on their name card).

The website says 31sqm 1 bedroom for 800 baht/night. What they mean is a studio much like a hotel room.

Building is nice, but if you are on the Rama IV side it can get quite noisy.

Have no idea why they charge to play snooker as the swimming pool costs much more for maintenance and few people use it.

Yes, you have to cab it everywhere if you use this place. I like taking the bus though, especially at night when they drive wacky. Or a motorcycle taxi. They always drive wacky. Hmm, I need a motorcycle, hmm.

It's an apartment building and there are families and such living here. I've hung out at night at the lobby and do see couples tramping in, but they have almost always been decently dressed.

If you are here solely for the nightlife, I'd suggest one of the other suggestions made here on Sukhumvit.

<<burp>>

Archived