Anyone currently applying for Fiance visa ?

Guys,

Yes, I know there are a lot of posts on this topic, but I'm not sure how many are post-SARs / Bali, or whether it has made any difference to what is already a long process (here in Oz, anyway) ...

If you are going through the application process now, I'd be interested to hear your thoughts. I'm in Oz, but I imagine that every Western country has re-examined its criteria re Asian immigration over the past 4 months or so.

Thanks in advance.

Artie

Not eactly, Jaga :)

My Chinese GF is babbling about her friend and how lucky *she* is to have an Aussie BF who cares enough to start 'filling in the forms'. These are the same forms I offered to start on months ago, but I was told that a certain someone had to finish her Masters degree before she could begin to consider such a drastic step. At this rate, she'll be running an entire department at Guanxi U before any drastic steps take place ...

Women : cant live with 'em.

Don't worry, I am looking at going thru it in 12 months time or there abouts, my Indonesian gf has to finish her studies here first. I have been thru it all before, bringing my pommie gf out here on a defacto visa. That went balls up anyway, so I'm wondering if the DIMA people will look at this in a less than favourable light. Probably wont matter as I'll just rack off somewhere else and work for a bit. Anyway, I'll be interested to see if your request generates much of a response.

Cheers

Jaga

Jaga,

If you are willing to relocate, why not try NZ. Bloody freezing winters, but after two years your GF could get NZ citizenship, and she is then free to come to Oz like every other Kiwi freeloader we've hosted over the years :)

I believe their immigration policies arent as tight as ours, but that may have changed post 9/11 / Iraq / SARs / whatever-excuse-pollies-need ....

Where did you get the information about sponsoring only 2 women? Is this from the US or downunder? If the US, I don't think this is right. I've done it once, filing a I-129F, and plan on starting the process again in July. This time with a GTG. Also, the time span between sponsorships is also wrong. I've been around the K-1 scene for the last 4 years and I've never heard anything close to what you've said.

AW,

Although i know nothing about fiance visas, I did a trip to the oz embassy in BKK last month for a terrorist (oops i mean tourist) visa for a close Thai female friend. Being post bali and in the middle of sars seemed to make no difference. Got the visa with a minimum of time and was told that if we had plans for marriage then come back some time and they would see what they could do for us. Hope this helped.

Archived