Anyone currently applying for Fiance visa ?

You might have been around the K1 scene for 40 years, means diddly squat to us aussies, seeing as it was an aussie who asked the questions originally and my name does appear to be aussie too, one would summise I am talking about....wait for it...AUSTRALIA!? ::

And my info comes straight off the application booklet issued by the australian government for applications of permanent visas.... :neener:

I have thought about NZ, having visited twice. The only thing that concerns me is that the wages are a bit lower than here and with the south pacific peso (AKA NZ$) prone to bouts of devaluation, its not the place I want to start up. Fortunately Ia blessed with another passport (small island off europe where the beer is warm and the women are ugly) so I would try there first. I think NZ is a better sort of place to raise kids and grow old. I'm not really keen on staying here due to deepening tertiary education related debts and the cunts in Canberra, poor fella my country indeed.

Cheers

Jaga

Jaga,

I'm not suggesting that you put down roots and stay in NZ till you 'grow old' ! Just as most Kiwis seem to go home sooner or later, I expect that most Aussies come back here sooner or later. The places we thought were boring as teenagers take on a different patina after 35, IMO.

artiew,

I am about to start the process for a spouse visa.Wont lodge docs until august.I think both visas are similar.Need more proof for the spouse visa.I talked to the immi dept last week about any changes and as far as they know.Yes, this is the response I recieved. Rules have not been changed recently.But from what we read and the situation here now,this is bound to change. That was the impression immi gave me as well.

cheers,

sky brow.

IF you are applying in Thailand, make sure you get your info from an Australian official, bypass the local staff whatever it takes..

Archived