Luggage on Skytrain?

I've read a few comments recently that luggage is not permitted on the Skytrain.

Is this for real?

I carry a soft sided holdall (not much different in size to a rucksack)- who is likely to stop me?

Don't suppose it will be a major problem getting a cab from the bus station to Nana, just seems a bit unnecessary.

What do you think.

Soccermad--

No problem with moderate luggage on Skytrain. Of course, you might as well not put it in the face of the guards. Regardless, lots of people can be seen around Ekkamai Skytrain Station with luggage. They are a little bit more strict with beverage consumption in the station, though. Bon Voyage!

PS--What did you decide, as far as your river trip up to Luangprabang?

PPS--Coffee World does not have MS Word nor Excel, but some of the places in Clinton Plaza have it, as do all of the Business Centers in the NEP area hotels.

cool.gif" border="0

I have often used the Skytrain with luggage, one large holdall like Boo Radley, and never any problems. I wasn't aware that you weren't supposed to take luggage on actually. Can anyone confirm this?

I use the Skytrain with luggage if I'm changing hotels, maybe one stop down Sukhumvit, and to get to and from Ekkamai on my way to Pattaya.

The Sky train contractors use it for shifting spare parts from the base to where the parts are required, yesterday they had 3 men with an electrical board approx 1200 mm high x 1000 mm, so if BTS have a rule about luggage (which i don't think they do) there contractors certainly don't abide by it.

Vtombrown,

You've got a good memory.

It like this at the moment. I'll meet g/f in Bkk next Tuesday. She advises getting visa's at Laos Embassy in Bkk. Then I think we'll do the trip in reverse to my original plan.

Bkk - Nong Khai by o/night train.

Cross border to Vientiane for couple of days.

Fly to Luang Prabang for a couple of days then decide on the speed boat!! Gives me a chance to chicken out at the last moment and come back the way I came!!!

Actually, I'm up for it but I wouldn't insist if the "significant other" was unhappy.

I'll post what actually happens.

The only thing that the skytrain security guards seem extra vigilant about is eating and drinking. I was once told off by a guard for sucking a fisherman's friend

I think they should concentrate on throwing people off who conduct loud, meaningless conversations on cellphones.

"Hello...hello...I'm just at Asoke station....hello....hello...hello....aray na?....aray na?....ARAY NA?"

I could f***in' bast*rd well murder 'em.

[ July 11, 2001: Message edited by: Bangkok Phil ]

I can't see that there should be a problem with luggage on the Skytrain. Have you ever seen the scavenging hordes bringing their booty back from Chatuchak at the weekend?

quote:

I was once told off by a guard for sucking a fisherman's friend

I should f*cking co-co - you perve! laugh.gif" border="0

Arai wa

[ July 11, 2001: Message edited by: Arai wa ]

Archived