Luggage on Skytrain?

quote:

Originally posted by Bangkok Phil:

The only thing that the skytrain security guards seem extra vigilant about is eating and drinking. I was once told off by a guard for sucking a fisherman's friend

[ July 11, 2001: Message edited by: Bangkok Phil ]

What was his name?

[ July 12, 2001: Message edited by: Sukhumvit ]

Not in Kansas anymmore Dorothy.

I have seen folks on the sky train with a decent sized bag or luggage. Only one piece though but I haven't ridden the train too much.

In New York, no one cares if you step over the yellow line (the warning line before the actual end of the platform where the train comes in) and lean over. I had my head phones on and tried this in the sky train. Had two police/conductors blowing their whistles and converging on me. lol. Thankfully they let me alone when I went back behind the yellow line. Group of school kids got a great chuckle out of it. Did look pretty funny.

Nice clean transit system. Wish the Thais would realize that all mass transit is subsidized and that the benefits gained from the government subsidizing the transit system is given back in spades through greater economic productivity and lower pollution. Afraid that the lack of "profit" will inhibit or slower further expansion.

<<burp>>

Phil,

Before you suck a fishermans friend again read this report from the Durban health report, 10 July 2000 – ''LOL''

Reducing Risky Behaviour:

Insights and Interventions.

Migrant workers were deemed important populations to trace with respect to HIV/AIDS primarily due to the fact that they are regularly separated from their families, oftentimes lonely, and are exposed to harsh living and working conditions. Interestingly, the fisherman community surveyed in this study was mixed, comprising of Thai, Cambodian and Burmese migrants. In this cross sectional study of fishermen migrants, a 15% prevalence of HIV/AIDS was found. The population was under 32 years of age and about 60% of these migrants had multiple partners and visited community sex workers while away from their homes. The analysis showed that the Burmese fishermen-migrant workers used condoms less than their Thai and Cambodian counterparts. The presenter concluded that the migrant workers and particularly the Burmese workers served as the bridge of HIV/AIDS infection to larger communities.

Archived