family friendly alternative for stable lodge?

soongmak

I will arrive on Thursday in bangkok with my gf, and we will probably stay at the stable lodge on soi 8, because of its excellent location, family orientation and moderate price. If this hotel is fully booked, does anybody know of an alternative in the 1,200 baht price range? Location near the skytrain is a must.

Cheers,

soongmak

I've stayed at The Sable Lodge a few times myself but when I arrived in January found it fully booked, ended up staying at a place called The Promenade for a few days. It's pretty much opposite Sable Lodge on Soi 8 and was only 1000Bht per night for a double room. Found it to be similar to Stable Lodge but a slight improvement on the rooms, and the double bed was huge.

Alternatively the Novotel Lotus is decent at jut over 1500Bht via www.asia-travel.com

There is also a place called The Park.Its on Soi 7 (opp. Beer Garten- not a family bar!), pretty much across the Sukhumvit Road from Soi8. I paid 1100Bht for a double in Feb. Not great but probably same standard as Stable Lodge, but lacking the personal/friendly touch.

I stayed at the Promenade couple of times but every room I got had a really bad musty smell to it. Not sure if I just got the crap rooms but I thought Stable Lodge much better.

Yes the Promenade has a pool of some description - I remember seeing something on the floor panel in the lift.

Cheers

Archived