Best Fried Chicken (Gai Tauuught) in BKK

kkr98

Any recommendations in BKK for great street vendor or local indoor/outdoor restaurant that has tasty (local style) Thai fried chicken. Please, no KFC answers--- local style fried chicken only. My hotel is near the World Trade Shopping Center but I am willing to cab it or Sky Train anywhere for good fried chicken.

The most famous is Soi Polo Kai Tord, on Soi Polo (near Lumpinee Police Station). I personally think it's overrated, though: they make most of it in advance and it's cold by the time you get it. Very garlicky.

Personally, I like the fried chicken wings they serve at Anna's Cafe (Soi Saladaeng, off Silom). Always piping hot and very crispy, served with spicy dipping sauce.

I had some awesome fried chicken at the weekend market.

I'll never ever be able to find that place again!!!!!

It tasted nothing like what you see on the street. I'm sure anyone who had it would know what I'm talking about (and I would appreciate some sorta directions too if you do know what I'm talking about!!!)

<<burp>>

Hi

I think there is a place very close to the makkasan intersection. Its just next to the railway line, its an old wooden shed kind of restaurant. You cant miss it as they grill the chicken on the footpath, the delicious smell works like a magnet.

Cheers,

PC

Archived