Where to go in July

torrenova

I have just returned from a week in Phuket (Karon Beach). Its very quiet but also nice as we were the only people in the hotel/pool and got a very good rate (500 baht per night - a/c, TV, minibar, balcony, daily cleaners, pool). The weather has been excellent (rained once for 15 minutes), but not sure how good it will be in July.

Sanuk is there if you want it (Patong is a better bet though), just has a high ratio of katoeys to puyings. Beaches are good also (better than Pattaya or Hua Hin).

Hi Torrenova,

Koh Samui or Phuket would be good choices.

Phuket however has a rainy season in that period and you may not be that lucky with the weather.

Koh Samui is really nice in that time frame. Enough sanuk available as well.

There are various threads about Samui, but if you're interested there's a few guys around here who can fill you in on Samui, incl. myself, Samak and ValentinoXXX.

I know nothing, other than Bangkok Airways having a 'Discovery Airpass' allowing you to do, Bkk - Phuket - Samui - Bkk for US$150(6300 baht) plus taxes. A saving of approx. US$46(1920 baht).

Alternatively Bkk - Phuket - Samui - Pattaya or Bkk - Samui - Phuket - Pattaya or.....

www.bangkokair.com

Thanks limbo,

Having looked through this site and the general info available elsewhere, I may well pop down to Samui around the last week of June.

I don't want to impose upon you but I always thought Lamai beach easy to get along with (have stayed at Lamai, Baan Taling Ngam and Tongsai Bay before) when I was last on the island a few years ago - is this still the case or has Chaweng taken over ?

Also, are there any regular haunts for expats / board members etc. ?

Cheers T

Hi T,

since I work in Chaweng and it's easier accessable than Lami for me, I prefer Chaweng above Lamai. If you're more into the beer bar scene, than Lamai is your choice. I just think Chaweng has more to offer in many ways over Lamai.

As far as I konw, I'm the only boardmember living on Samui. Most expats meet in the smal bars in the side sois, but Murphy's opposite McD is a good bet as well.

Would you need any acco advice, although you've been in nice places already, check this site out acco samui

Archived