Advice Required - We're expecting!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

<<Ask yourself what is more important, a job or your baby. Come up with a decision based on this. I think the correct answer is obvious>>

Its a catch 22 for most average people in the UK, most couples here with children I would guess (not having stats but just with general observation) have to both work to keep a reasonably comfortable lifestyle. My Mrs started working about 3 months after our daughter was born at the local Thai restaurant, just about 20 hrs per week, now shes 19 months old she works more or less full time at two restaurants. We're lucky in that my parents live over the road and enjoy taking care of littlun and one of my sisters has a IT geek hubby :cover:earning a fat wad so shes a lady of leisure and takes care of her with her 2 girls. Its very hard to give advice on this IMO because there are so many variables. Its a juggling act allot of the time to find some sort of balance. Good luck!!

orandanodes,

Thanks for input on the legal standing! Her probation period is 5 months and I am concerned they will just cut her after 5 months. From my perspective, if they are going to cut her after 5 months then I would prefer leaving now vs after 5 months of work!

In terms of when, physically she was pregnant before starting, but, the confirmation was after.

Sanukboot.

HSTEACH,

If you cut away , emotion & ambition then it is as cut and dry as this! But, if someone has a burning desire or passion to achieve another item then it becomes a bit hazy!

As someone else said, it is a juggling act! What we were trying to do at the moment is find a balance between (not in any particular order) :

Financial Obligations

Comfortable Lifestyle

Work ambitions

Family life

Obviously the most important is a healthy family, but, it would be nice if everyone can achieve what they want in life at the same time!

Sanukboot.

Guest lazyphil

To have family helping us out so close by I feel lucky. Just hope they don't all move away or we're up the creek!!

SingaporeSteve,

Thanks for the comments, we purchased a Mitsui G-Wagon with delievery next month! There is no way I am driving a Toyota Soluna 4 door with baby seats! :devil:

Get your priorities right, man! ::

Sanukboot.

Archived