Ministry of Education??? Ministry of Morons maybe.

Today we find out the other half has to go to her embassy and get an affidavit stating that the abbreviated second name is actually the same as her full name, and that there are not two people in the Kingdom with the same name, middle name and picture!

Why?? because suddenly the Ministry of Idiots doesnt believe that the .P. abbreviation in her paperwork is actually her in the passport! This is after having issued her with 4 Work permits over the last 6 years... :banghead: :banghead:

God I hate these people sometimes..

Welcome to Thailand,

I take it you are both expats coming to work here.

Only comment is - chill baby chill.

This will happen to you daill, weekly, monthly, yearly.

It doesn't change, what you need to do is stop caring, smile, nod, get what they ask.

Use it as an excuse to go to the French Embassy just down from the Aussie Embassy to have lunch, very good, cheap, and nice eye candie.

JB

Been here over 4 years mate, other half 7 years, she has had handfuls of visas and work permits before and they have sited these documents several times over the past 7 years AND have copies of them on file.

Even the Thais processing the paperwork at the new school were mind fuked over this, they just couldnt believe it themselves. Of course it figures when the Ministry of Education's website has so many spelling and grammatical mistakes just on one webpage!

Its the reason we wana get the fuk out, not chill out! LOL :: ::

Come back to Oz, Kangaloo !

Our 'beureaucrazy' is the best in the world, and they've got the certificates to prove it (in triplicate...) ! As long as you arent smuggling any illegals into the country, they'll welcome you back with open arms.

We wont mess you about with all that red tape - just empty half of your paypacket into government coffers each fortnight and we'll call it square :)

PS In the 4 years since you left, I estimate that the number of inbred morons in Oz has doubled. Even allowing for my tendency to exaggerate, that must be a frightening thought. Whenever you get the urge to return, please close your eyes and think of any of the following : Blacktown, Dandenong, Slacks Creek, Salisbury, Katherine. If none of these strikes a chord, maybe it is time to come home.

Thanks buddy, very kind of you :: ::

Dandenong, now that rings a bell :: actually I have been back in OZ more than here the last year or so, and all the Government offices I was visiting like the Patents and trademarks office, were amazingly helpful and efficient. Even my birth certificate took only 5 minutes to issue..

Of course having to deal with big brother and speed cameras on every street etc etc etc gets on my nerves, :banghead: but I think times will change on these notes, as more and more groups rise up and challenge the Gov' over their revenue raising tactics :applause:

too much politics, really I just wana drive my damn car!!

:grinyes:

Archived