Is Novotel at Siam Square guest-friendly?

I will have to stay in the Novotel at Siam Square during my business trip (company choice). Any idea if the place is guest friendly in case I'm have any spare time? Any distinctive features in the hotel?

Stayed there in December last year. I sem to remember a notice saying all visitors needed to be out by a certain time at night, or something like that. But I didn't try it, (was there with ML) so I don't know if they enforce it. It is away from the Nana/PP/SC type entertainment ares, so maybe you would attract attention from the staff if you march in with your BG in tow.

I wasn't that impressed with the Novotel SS. Arrived at about 7.00 pm, with overseas booking made three weeks earlier, room wasn't ready, they said come back in a couple of hours.

However, handy location if you are NOT there specifically for the nightlife.

quote:

Originally posted by phoenix:

I wasn't that impressed with the Novotel SS. ... However, handy location if you are NOT there specifically for the nightlife.

Sounds exactly like the kind of place my company would pick... ;-) Our associates recommended the Shangri-la which is supposed to be one of the ten best hotels in the world - but it is four times more expensive.

Thanx

Needless to say, you can probably avail yourself to the numerous ST (short time) hotels that dot the city of Bangkok. Since you're on an expense account, you might even consider shelling out ~Bt. 1000 for a room at one of the NEP hotels (Dynasty, Nana, Majestic Suites, et. al.) and take her back to the Novotel during the day for a nooner... But then, you're probably well aware of these options.

quote:

Originally posted by Wagner Svinja:

I will have to stay in the Novotel at Siam Square during my business trip (company choice). Any idea if the place is guest friendly in case I'm have any spare time? Any distinctive features in the hotel?

Why don't you convince your mamagement to get you into something less "flashy"? e.g. Manhattan?

Stayed on company expenses in the Novotel Siam Square some years ago, not worth the expense. Otherwise ask for the Interconti just opposite, a garden room, very nice place, a tropical garden in town, not their tower rooms. Should be same price as Novotel, a LOT better (still no guests allowed) I could also recommend the Century Park (around 2500 baht) , not same area, at the end of Ratchaprarop, same comments as above .

Edit: whilst we are at it the Marriot at the beginning of Sukhumvit is the best (very gueast friendly)

[ October 05, 2001: Message edited by: thalenoi ]

quote:

Originally posted by titmouse:

Since you're on an expense account, you might even consider shelling out ~Bt. 1000 for a room (...) take her back to the Novotel during the day for a nooner...

I wish I were in the kind of business you seem to know... ;-) I guess you cannot imagine the inquisition each receipt will go through in a company that thinks $170/night is too much for a hotel in a big city. And the lunch times are reserved for business, not for charming company. frown.gif" border="0

I dont know how guest friendly Novotel is but the cm2 disco in the basement is the best I have ever seen. Full of stunners and girls that work at department stores. 200 Bhat cover charge keeps the rif raf out but that buys you a drink. I'm 53 and that didn't keep some beautiful girls away from me. And get this, my father-in-law came with me on this trip (our second time) and he is 77 but a young 77...Anyway he had a beautiful girl hit on him but he already had one waiting back at the hotel for him...I met a girl there that I spent my last 6 days and nights with her while in BKK. Check this place out. Good luck

Calif Guy

Archived