Is Novotel at Siam Square guest-friendly?

Wagner Svinja--

I've checked a out-of-town friend into that hotel.. nice location.. great disco.. crummy parking situation...

TG's are "allowed" but they don't exactly throw open their arms to them. They insisted that all the BG's leave their ID's (this is standar practice at all most all hotels and is for your protection and hers) and on two occassions the night manager said that there would be an extra bed charge... Of course, he protested in the morning and had it removed... I never saw anything in writing (signs or such) to this point.. There really is only one way into the hotel, so trying to "sneak" her in won't really work...

As with anything in BKK, a few skillfully placed Baht notes into the right hands and nice friendly smile and maybe a joke or two can do wonders to improve your probability for success.

Good luck!

--UPSer

PS: Do the Sheraton for their Sunday brunch!

Most excellent!

Thanks to the responses I had no disappointments in store. I can agree with a poor price/value if you have to pay the list price 5500B for a single; the company rate of 2000B including breakfast seemed reasonable. The breakfast was quite good, too. Although the Novotel was clearly nicer, I still preferred the 890B Royal Asia Lodge in the Sukhumvit area for my vacation days. Easier access and definitely guest-friendly.

I might have chosen differently, if I had a permanent girlfriend for whom I wanted to give a treat (and easy access to shopping wink.gif" border="0)

The place advertises very strongly that they are not guest-friendly: already the card you get with your key states flatly "no guests

after 8pm". However, I spotted some obvious

bargirls at breakfast, so you apparently

still can get them in, but I suspect they

would have hassled you with a joiner charge.

Maybe you could have negotiated that away, but that kind of thing really spoils my mood.

I was busy enough with work, anyway.

Visited CM2 once. I did not find it awfully impressive that night. One girl elicited a spontaneous WOV, but mostly nothing special compared to the other nightspots. Basically it was your normal big international nightclub. The local live band was quite OK. Some definite katoeys being chatted up by at least one unsuspecting (?) fellow, so take care... One rather average girl took

a fancy on me, and wanted to dance and neck. I did not consider her worth the hassles I expected, so I retired early and alone. She insisted giving me her phone number, though. This was not very surprising in retrospect, since she showed up next week in the Biergarten on Sukhumvit Soi 7, i.e. she was

in the business.

Thanks for the info,

Wagner

I would avoid the Novatel in Siam Square. I have found them to be extremely unfriendly towards guest. Additionally, I was recently denied the last two days of prepaid booked reservation of four days I booked from one of the local Thai discount hotel travel agencies. As expalained to me Novotel sytematically overbooks their hotels. Even if you have prepaid they will deny your reservation if it is a heavily discounted. They will drop your room, send you back to the selling agency and book the room with boarders who are paying higher rates. A very inappropriate business practice for prepaid discount boarders.

i have prepaid for three days in january, but my filapina wife will be in tow. But then she goes home and im off to the Omni.

Couldn't take her to the Omni, the bellboy saw me take 4 girls in one 24 hour period...

• 3 months later...

Archived