Business Inn Bangkok

Hamokhamok

I would like to relate an incident which I had with Business Inn in Bangkok. Firstly may I say that I suppose what happened to me is mainly my fault but never the less maybe people will learn a lesson from my mistake. To cut a long story short - when I was checking in last Monday week I was asked for my passport which is not unusual. I had two days earlier put a 500 Baht note in with the visa so that I would have it for the departure tax at the airport. I handed my passport over to the lady at the counter who in turn handed it to one of the male people behind the counter to photocopy the 'photo' page and the visa. Immediately after handing the passport to the lady I remembered about the 500 Baht note but decided that it would be ok. Anyway when I got the passport back I looked for the 500 but, you have guessed, it was no longer to be seen. I asked about it but I only got blank expressions and suggestions that maybe I hadn't put it in the passport in the first place. I was definite that I had. I asked to see the Manager but was told that the Manager was busy. I said that I had all the time in the world. The Manager then appeared, listened to my story and proceeded to search the male. I was invited to look at the photocopier to find it but of course to no avail. I repeat it was my mistake I suppose but I was very annoyed that it happened. I stayed that night but checked out the following morning. I didn't get the 500 Baht back either.

Interestingly enough they did me a favour as I went down a few doors and booked into the Bangkok Inn which turned out to be far cleaner, better rooms, totally guest friendly, bigger bed and I had much more fun in it.

Archived