Would you adopt a child?

Zaad

Friends of mine are considering to adopt a child. They're in their early 40's and have failed in their attempts to conceive a child together.

They really want and adore children but have lost faith in getting any. They've tried all sorts os stuff, methods, drinks etc. :: but all to no avail.

That's why they're now considering this 'last' option.

This is as much information as I can give you.

I'm interested in your thoughts about this serious matter.

Would (have) you ever adopt a child?

Yes

No

Hi Zaad,

personally I don't know, since I'm lucky enough to have a child on my own.

However, my sister went thru the same as your friends and decided to adopt. They adopted a Thai baby boy, who in all places was found inSuratthanis busstation, before I lived in the same province!

No, a farang couple.

I wonder if this is a common thing among Thais (Asians).

I guess so.

And maybe easy as the amount of babies being cared for by grand parents and cousins the available children that maybe offered for adoption would be far higher than in the west IMO.

To have a cute Thai/Asian baby owuld have been wonderfull in my child rearing days (although some would frown on the couple) in those days but not so much now i think.

Age of mid 40s a bit late?

They will be in the 60s when the baby is 21 :dunno:

Hi Zaad,

my sister had the choice of a child from China, S-Korea or Thailand. They choose Thailand. The rest is history. :grinyes:

He lives in Holland and was adopted when he was about half a year old. My sister and her hubby picked him up in Songkla baby home. He's 5 now and just visited us here about a month ago. His first visit back to Thailand. He doesn't speak a word Thai but fluent Dutch.

Typically the reaction from most Thais who I tell this story to is to say that he's very lucky, followed by the question if my siss can adopt them as well :grinyes:

He's a great little guy and I hope to see him more often in the future.

In this situation I would not.

But thecircumstances vary. If you would fall in love with a lady with a child, would you adopt her/him to be one family with one last name, which makes things easier for everyone? Which shows that you not only love you new teeruk but the 'whole package'. Yes, in that case i would (And have) adopt(ed).

Archived