Would you adopt a child?

Zaad

Hi Zaad,

I do have 2 "Luuk Krueng" of my own, but it would definitely not have been a problem for me to adopt a child, in the case I had not been able to be a father.

There are so many children out there who are destined to lead a lousy life due to the circumstances of their birth. And one could really make a huge difference here.

I would have felt really good about that.

cheers

Hua Nguu

If you would fall in love with a lady with a child, would you adopt her/him

That's another way of adopting a child and more understandable as the child is not an orphan in this case.

It's a child of the woman you love and therefore easier to 'accept'.

Any 'no' voters who'd vote for 'yes' in this case?

I would have felt really good about that.

I think everybody would feel great about helping an orphan.

And I respect people who adopt children, but I don't think I could love one enough for adoption.

However, my mind could very well change if being in my friends' situation.

In Think1stbkk's case I WOULD adopt as this is a child of the woman I love.

Hi Zaad,

I wonder if this is a common thing among Thais (Asians).

I would say that it is very common indeed. However, in a slightly differrent way as they mostly don`t go through an official adoption, but just take the child under their wings.

My wife was not raised by her mother but by a 20 year older sister and she called her mum.

It is absolutely amazing how many children in Thailand are being raised by other family members or even friends of the parents. Especially in rural Thailand where people are very depending on the monsun for growing rice. During dry season the villages are deserted by just about everybody who are able to work.

Cheers

Hua Nguu

Archived