"Kha Phom" ???

gawguy

There's no excuse for this!! I don't see this in any of my half dozen books or dictionaries, although I hear it on every interview program about a 100 times.

A lady, They will be putty in your hands! was her drift. Is that true? If so there will be a lot of new "kha phom"-ers running around after they read this.

From the context I take it that this expression indicates agreement and is somewhat submissive?? It is VERY polite. Is it "wan mak mak" ?

Is it composed of the female polite particle plus the male particle. Since I can't find it in dictionaries or anywhere, I'm not even sure how it's spelled.

Why isn't it anywhere??

::

GG

¢ÃÃѺ¡Ãüà often shortened to only ¡Ãüà is a very polite way of saying yes (spoken by a male only).

¡Ãüà actually also means "I" or "me" and is much more formal than ¼Ã

Hi, what you are actually hearing is 'krap pom' (¤ÃѺ¼Ã). It is the same as saying 'krap' as an answer meaning yes only has a more polite meaning like 'yes, sir' as stated by josh_ingu

Females can and often will use 'krap pom' in a joking/cute manner with friends and boyfriends.. same as they would use 'krap' in this kind of situation but it is inherantly a male term.

On the other hand Kra pom (¡ÃüÃ) can NOT be used as an answer 'yes'. It's a personal pronoun meaning 'I' for males only and is not much used (if at all) anymore by anyone other than the Prime Minister and some politicians when making a speech or the like....News reporters don't use it.. they opt for just 'phom' itself which is already polite enough.

Cheers,

FF

• 2 weeks later...

Archived