Full Moon Party / Railey Beach

vinod

Can any board member throw light about these Full Parties. I've been to LOS N no., of times on business trips and never made it. Maybe on my next trip I plan my schedule around Full moon days.

thanks

cheers

vinod

The original Full Moon parties are held every month on Haad Rin beach Ko Phangan. Sure there are some beach parties on Railey beach too, but the biggest are on Ko Phangan.

Thousands of people getting drunk, some on yaba or diet pills dancing and fighting. If you're under 30, wannabe hippie and love to party with farangs only then you gonna like it. I had fun there a couple of years ago but one time was enough, think i ever gonna go there again.

Check www.thaisite.com/fullmoon

Beware of the ladyboys if you go. These foul temptresses hide in the shadows and attempt to lure unsuspecting young guys for a quick blowjob. I remember seeing a young backpacker type scurrying away from the bushes with a ladyboy not far behind at a party there in the mid 90s. I didnt have the heart to tell him he'd been sucked off by a guy. Maybe he know anyhow.

Cheers

Jaga

The Full Moon partys at Railey Beach are at the small beach right next to Railey Beach, Cut of from Railey Beach on the high tide you can swim there, take a boat or wait for low tide and wade across, Very small party compared to Ko Phangan, especially at this time of the year it is very quiet there just now,

It's Tonsi village where the parties are. Think of Railey beach as a Peninsula...like florida in the states. The best way to get to Tonsi village is to go to Ao Nang from Krabi. From Ao Nang beach take a long tail to Railey on the way tell the driver you want to go to Tonsi village it's on the way to railey on the left. Don't pay but 50 baht for the boat ride if with others.

I think they have a half moon part on Tonsi and just regular parties every weekend. This area is ahuge backpack place. I've taken a few thai BG's there for some R&R after my climbs. Railey an Tonsi are know world over for their limstone climbing. You can climb Katupu's there. It's a kool place too. Good night life and great day activities if you like the outdoors.

SB

Unconfirmed rumours have it that some couples go there specifically to shag under coconut trees right there on the beach and not too far from the party held at Hatrin beach on Koh pagnan.

Archived