SARS effect on Sukhumvit hotel prices ?

torrenova

Guys,

I know hotels have been gone over many times but I wonder if anyone has any experience of really great deals done in the last week or so. Also, is anyone still betting using Priceline.com (either in the UK, or Hong Kong) ?

For what its worth, I'm looking for 4/5* on Sukhumvit and can get the JW for USD 95 whilst the Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit is still holding out for USD 129 . At these rates I'm tempted by the Novotel Lotus Bangkok at USD 38 net.

Any offerings / comments welcome as to how the lack of tourists and the SARS problems are affecting the mid to top end hotel rates.

Finally, has anyone any experience of beating internet / agency rates just by walking into the hotel recently ?

Regards

Torrenova.

The rate that you quote for the jw marriott is very good! Please tell us where it is possible to get such a great rate. Thanks.

Regards

BKK22 -

JW Marriot available through their own website. It includes an upgrade and breakfast although not taxes so net is 95*1.177 = USD 111.82. You have to enter the code "VS1" in the promotional field and pay by VISA to get that rate.

The Novotel Lotus rate is available from http://www.planetholiday.com/Hotels/thailand/bangkok/Novotel_Lotus_Hotel.asp at USD 38 plus USD 8 taxes/fees

Also, in Silom, the Crowne Plaza is available through http://bangkok.crowneplaza.com/ for USD 45++ per night.

Just phoned JW in BKK and asked for a better discount. They quoted USD 119 as per their website but when pushed, said that better offers were available for Thai residents only. I have a feeling that central office USA may have something to say about that. Of course, if a resident were to enquire and post, that would be useful.

Regards

Torrenova.

Archived