Termination of a Work Permit

samak

my former employer has delayed that for many months without reason. i was always told by the lawyer of the employer and also have heard that from others, that the employer will do all administrative steps to terminate this and that i will not be involved, however would get a receipt, that my work permit has been given back.

now i suddenly get a bunch of documents and am told that i myself have to show up at the One stop service center for visa and work permit and proceed myself as the obligation of the employer has ended.

according to a copy of a receipt, the employer payed a penalty of 1000 baht for the delay.

has anybody any experience in that?

is it normal, that also the employee must show up or is it due to the employer delayed process? (he delayed significantly over the expire date, but employment was terminated earlier and i also left the country before termination and have returned on tourist visa since)

what could be the traps? (pay also penalty for delay? could they try to construct a visa misuse (which is not the case and i can prove with my passport entries)

what happens if i do not show up or delay show up (i did not get any invitation or deadline)

i also got a power of attorney form. would it be better to send somebody else?

Says samak:

my former employer has delayed that for many months without reason. i was always told by the lawyer of the employer and also have heard that from others, that the employer will do all administrative steps to terminate this and that i will not be involved, however would get a receipt, that my work permit has been given back.

now i suddenly get a bunch of documents and am told that i myself have to show up at the One stop service center for visa and work permit and proceed myself as the obligation of the employer has ended.

according to a copy of a receipt, the employer payed a penalty of 1000 baht for the delay.

has anybody any experience in that?

is it normal, that also the employee must show up or is it due to the employer delayed process? (he delayed significantly over the expire date, but employment was terminated earlier and i also left the country before termination and have returned on tourist visa since)

what could be the traps? (pay also penalty for delay? could they try to construct a visa misuse (which is not the case and i can prove with my passport entries)

what happens if i do not show up or delay show up (i did not get any invitation or deadline)

i also got a power of attorney form. would it be better to send somebody else?

Bot parties can and are permitted by law to take the necessary administrative steps to cancel the wp.

since your employer has delayed the cancelation of the wp and kept it in their possession you've got no reason to worry. They kept the wp and not you! When asked about it then you simply say I did not have it on me it was with my employer all the time. You did nothing illegal here. However, you ill need a photocopy of the cancelation slip in order to obtain a new one with a fresh employer. How you;re gonna go about it to get it off your former employer, honestly I dunno... I am under the assumption that it is illegal for them not to give it, can't confirm this though.

you weren't working for Siam Computer by any chance? :: sorry bud, couldn't resist.

Archived