Pattaya beach on terror list

legover

http://www.thaivisa.com/index.php?514&backPID=10&tt_news=356

Pattaya beach on terror list

BANGKOK: Australia has added the top Thai seaside resort of Pattaya to its list of possible targets for attacks on its citizens and interests, its embassy in Bangkok said on Friday.

Australia warned its citizens to "exercise extreme caution" in commercial and public places visited by foreigners in Pattaya, 120 km southeast of Bangkok.

It had already pinpointed the southern resort island of Phuket as a possible target for attacks after deadly blasts on the Indonesian island of Bali last October.

This month Australia and New Zealand included Thailand on a travel warning on Southeast Asia following the suicide bomb attacks in Saudi Arabia, saying they had information militants were targeting Westerners.

Australian embassy spokesman John Griffin told Reuters Australia had acted on "the latest information" when it specified Pattaya in its travel warning. He said security at the Australian embassy in Bangkok had also been strengthened as a precautionary measure.

The U.S. embassy in Bangkok said on Friday it had no information of a credible specific threat that would lead it to issue any warning on any particular town or area in Thailand.

Thailand publicly acknowledged the presence of home-grown Muslim militants on Thursday, saying it was monitoring the movements of a handful of Thais with links to international terror groups.

But on Friday, Deputy Prime Minister Chavalit Yongchaiyudh poured scorn over Australia's travel warnings on Thailand.

"After their warning on Phuket and Pattaya, we should send out a similar warning to Thais when they visit Sydney or Melbourne," Chavalit told reporters.

========

Excuse me Mr. Griffin, there?s only 2 ozzies there right now.

Hi!

pattaya has had the russian Mafia, some Thai Chao Phor's and hundreds of outlaws from Germany, UK and other nations for years.

It's much worse than that. Occasinally they also have prostitutes in town. :neener::neener::neener:

regards

ALHOLK

It's much worse than that. Occasinally they also have prostitutes in town. :neener: :neener: :neener:

Hey, I just spoke with Kamnan Poh and he said there are not any mafia or prosititutes in Pattaya.

He even invited me to one of his Aap Op Nuet places to discuss this. :o

Says ALHOLK:

Hi!

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />

pattaya has had the russian Mafia, some Thai Chao Phor's and hundreds of outlaws from Germany, UK and other nations for years.

It's much worse than that. Occasinally they also have prostitutes in town.

For all of these reasons don't go to Pattaya.

It's much worse than that. Occasinally they also have prostitutes in town.

For all of these reasons don't go to Pattaya.

-------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the warning, I was there this year, and I left just about 2 weeks ago. feeling safer now and I guess it was just dumb luck I did not get mixed with these shameful criminals. :: :: ::

Archived