Unhelpful staff at the Australian embassy in BKK

steffi

Today my wife went into the embassy to ask about the spousal visa process and to obtain the list of hospitals for the medical and information about where the police clearance can be obtained.

She specifically asked for this information twice and was told twice by the female Thai staff that that it was included in the information packet she was given. Only when she looked thru the material she was given and then found it wasn't there did the staff member bother to go back and obtain the necessary leaflets which are obviously never included in the initial information packets.

Q. Who are the Thai staff working in the embassy?

How did they qualify for their job?

Is it friend of friend style or are they required to undertake training for these positions?

All in all she was considerably unhelpful.

Does my future happiness rest in the hands of incompetant people like this?

Sorry to hear you had a problem with the staff.

I had no problems when we went in oct.

I know Redbaron also had an easy time .

You must have got a girl on a bad day or a bad girl.. :dunno:

They must undergo some sort of training surely?

I remember a check list for all docs ..i think is on the little table in front of the windows.

Good luck i hope all works out for you both

now and again you get these embassy prats giving you hard time. they could give toss they see so many people. give them a hard time back, report them to the Ambassador for negligence. make a scene when it's really crowded. get their superior to come to the desk and make a strong complaint, you'd be surprised how well it can work.

cheers

legover

Yes I have had some run-ins with the female Thai staff at the Oz embassy in Bangkok! The problem I had was apparently I was not showing enough 'respect' and addressing the lady 'correctly'! The Thai staff told my wife this in Thai at the time! She did give us the this is Thailand speech and you should conform to Thai standards! Had the balance of power been equal I would have told her were in the Australian embassy and you can feck off ! but, then our visa would not have been approved!

SB.

Unhelpful staff at the Australian Embassy? You must be kidding? Most staff working for Embassies based in los (foreign and Thai) are downright horrible. The British and the Dutch Embassies in the lead!

There are similar horror stories regarding the Thai staff at the US Embassy. For the life of me, I can't figure why our embassies are employing these people. Maybe they can have some Thai/English interpreters only standing by, but not doing anything else.

Hi!

The British and the Dutch Embassies in the lead!

The Swedish embassy isn't far behind. At my first visit to the embassy more than 20 years ago the Thai ladies at reception could have easily been replaced with lobotomized monkeys and that would have constituted a major improvement. :cussing:

regards

ALHOLK

I'm afraid you are correct, under the previous Aust ambassador control the staff were very good, But the last 2 visits I have had there I found them in general to be arrogant and unhelful.

We we in for a visa last week and they rejected it because we had to have a copy of our little girl birth certificate whereas the paper work states "if only one parent is travelling the original birth certificate must be seen" we were both traveling so I assumed that the Birth cert wasn't required.

When I went back they said they neded a copy of the birth certificate , not the original, the requirements clearly says ORIGINAL.

The experience was a total contrast from the New Zealand embassy where the staff were VERY helpful, polite and cooperative.

Spend more time training your staff Mr Aussie ambassador and less time sticking your nose up the US ambassadors arse.

Archived