Unhelpful staff at the Australian embassy in BKK

steffi

Most staff working for Embassies based in los (foreign and Thai) are downright horrible. The British and the Dutch Embassies in the lead!

the dutch embassy is defenitly horrible. and their policy is to make u give up any visa attempt.

Arrogance, rudeness and general all round nastiness seem to be requried of most embassy personnel. I've encountered a few exceptions, but the majority made you want to stage an assault on the place.

p.s. I suspect the high security around embassies is only partially aimed against terrorist attacks.

the embassy stuff is always behind bulletfree glass and can only talk and let you talk true the microphone that they control. so i guess the security stuff is just there to kick you out in case of something. the stuff itself is allready save.

Says maisanuk:

Unhelpful staff at the Australian Embassy? You must be kidding? Most staff working for Embassies based in los (foreign and Thai) are downright horrible. The British and the Dutch Embassies in the lead!

Hi ms,

I have had no problem with the British Embassy staff the two or three times I have dealt with them. Never tried to apply for a visa though.

Khwai

<< Is the money good?? >>

Damn right, it is. The US Embassy staff even get a "hardship allowance" for Bangkok! It was put on at the end of WWII, when the city's power plants and waterworks had been bombed out, plus the only bridge across the river. The embassy staff saw to it that it has never been stopped.

p.s. I remember that 15 years ago every US Embassy staff member got a 40,000 baht a month housing allowance. That's when I was making about 20,000 baht a month salary as an editor!

Archived