how to find all websites visited on my pc.

sky brow

if you do a search on your computer for "index.dat" you will find this file stored in different versions in different places. Right click on the file(s) and click on "open with" and choose "editor" from a long list (notepad does not work). With the help of editor you can find all url's stored. To delete ALL traces of your internet use (like in Mediaplayer e.g.) I would recommend software like Steganos Internet Trace Destructor or similar products. Maybe others know free- or shareware which could do the same. Additional I would run the freeware Spybot or "adaware" or both frequently to identify and delete "spyware". I found Spybot very helpful to find all the small spies which come from the net or are included in some software (even in my HP printer software)

PS: In case of emergency :help: you could download the Steganos trial version to make sure everything is deleted: link

kamui,

Thanks for that info.I will sort it out in the next couple of days.I also run spybot,it initialy found over 100 problems ,my pc is now clean.Did a search on google and there are a few different programs to wipe index.dat.I will have a look at the one you recommended.

sky brow.

hi Danish

Microshite are assholes keeping this stuff hidden. maybe there are more tracer files beyond index.dat, what do you think? tried using HistoryKill, it cleans index.dat but leaves the record behind in Google autocomplete for anyone to see.

sometimes even MS Word is communicating with Microshite, i can see it in my firewall log & can't stop it. need a better firewall.

cheers

legover

Archived