Letter of guarantee

Hi Guys,

My gf and me are planning to spend some time together in Europe this summer. For that she needs a Shengen visa, and she wants to apply for that in the danish embassy in Bkk.

I am going to write her a letter of guarantee that she can show to the peoples at the embassy.

As I have never been through the process myself I was wondering if any of you know what kind of information I have to include in that letter. Should I write that shes my gf, or should I just say that Im a "friend". What else is acquired?

What is the correct way to put it? :help:

Cheers,

Pharcyde

I am not sure if that applies for all Schengen countries, but the german embassy requires an offical statement as a guarantee. Simple letter won't do it. I had to go to my local embassy (live abroad), bring payslip, and get the form filled in. Offical name of the form is "Formal Obligation".

Funny part was, that when gf showed it, they asked her for what. If above 150000 Baht in Bank no letter needed. Wasted 1000 Baht on that.

Good luck,

Daniel

The letter of guarentee in Norway, is simply a form which you fill out and get stamped at the authorities (police here). She will have to sign that form later at the embassy.

You have to bring an income tax statement and ID of course.

I would guess its the same thing in Denmark, as its all Schengen.

Cheers!

Archived