grace hotel girl omg!!

keith doug

Says Ranger:

KD,

Wow, pretty nice trip report
:)
. Sometimes I get bored reading these stories, but yours kept my attention right up to the finish. Maybe you should see if Sarisin needs any help with his stories for the paysite
:)

Ranger

The hell with me, Ranger. This is prime material for the next writing contest. Please, KD, no more. Save it for the next contest.

Alright, let's go easy on the fine fellow. His post did not once contain the magic word: t-e-r-m-a-i-e. :grinyes:

Haiku Thai Style! An interesting concept for TG stories... Could probably be funny as hell or just plain deep thought hell???

Here's one of mine...

BG smiled. I smiled. In hotel BG goes starfish. I pay her on the way out. BG asks to see me again. I smile as taxi drives far away.

What do you guys think? Will it work? :p

Says maxal:

Haiku Thai Style! An interesting concept for TG stories... Could probably be funny as hell or just plain deep thought hell???

Here's one of mine...

BG smiled. I smiled. In hotel BG goes starfish. I pay her on the way out. BG asks to see me again. I smile as taxi drives far away.

What do you guys think? Will it work?
:p

No, because "haiku" poetry is a traditional Japanese literary discipline requiring authorial detachment and the inclusion of a "seasonal" reference word, however vague or veiled or symbolic. Without the seasonal reference, haiku become "senryu". Formally, both haiku and senryu require strict adherence to a structure of three separate line elements of 5, 7, and 5 syllabic beats respectively. Stress-placement is left in the hands of the writer.

Your effort fails to meet haiku requirements on all counts: metrically perverse, authorial intrusion, and no seasonal term. In fact, I don't think what you have written is poetry of any form (except perhaps in a loosest "poetry as anti-poetry" postmodernist sense). The word "smile(d)" is fruitlessly repeated too often, and "on the way out" and the final phrase "taxi drives far away" are both I think ambiguous in a clumsy rather than a figuratively provocative way.

(If you'd written "bargirl goes jellyfish" you'd have had more of a chance. Jellyfish are seasonal creatures in Japan, but starfish are not. ;))

jack :up:

Says maxal:

Your critique is pure poetry FJ! My "Thai style Haiku" attempt was just pure silliness.

Now how about some REAL Haiku from you? ::

LOL Maxal :). I wouldn't dare :o. But the best Haiku (though that smart-arsed tit Fiery Jack would no doubt tell you it's actually a "senryu" :doah:) I ever read was one by the very excellent British 'pop' poet John Cooper Clarke :up:, the "Bard of Salford". Entitled simply "Haiku" it goes:

To convey one's mood

In seventeen syllables

Is very diffic...

;)

jack :drunk:

Archived