asoke bars to close?

thai3

I hear the asoke bar owners have been given their marching orders, car park ones very shortly, asoke corner by the end of the year. Anyone know if it's true or not? Would not be surprised if it's true as I know someone who just sold her bar there and she usually know which way the winds a blowin-peter

A manager working in SC told me the same story. however his ex-wife just took over a bar there. And she is one of the victims of Soi 12. So she actually should be double careful.

The other person you are referring to sold her bar because a Thai guy payed her 600,000THB for the place with the low season coming up and out of private problems with the owner of the place. She actually always told me that they won't close the place, because they can't build a huge complex on it, because of the subway station below ....

I'm amazed a thai paid her that much, can you ever believe that girl though!. Did you see the pics of the house she built in Buri Ram? looks very impressive. I think she told me that about the metro station being a block on a big building going up. She is some girl, I was in a taxi with her one night at 1.30 and she got the usual string of phone calls, one was the asoke land owner or agent asking her out then another from the chief of police thonglor asking her out, followed by a call from another guy from Bejing! Some people have a bad opinion of her but she is surely one of the most beautiful ladies around, I think she's remarkable, if I owned any sort of nightlife place I would hire her like a shot.-peter

This sounds strangely familiar. friend of mine (well, Miss Red really) having lost out in soi 10 bought a bar on the corner of asoke, under the big sign. The missus tells me she sold it at the start of the month/end of last month.

She's from Burriram, and has done quite well over the years via overseas "boyfriends". House, car, motorbike etc etc... wonder if it's the same girl.....

600,000 sounds a lot for any bar in Asoke though. The girl I'm thinking of paid around 200,000 for it, apparently with a 3 year "guarantee" the same thing would not happen. She sure sold it in a rush though!

Allegedly, in some parts the bars have to close and move out by the end of this month. But other bars may remain until the end of the year. Then that's it for them too. Actually, those Asoke bars are not very old. They only seem to have cropped up a couple of years ago.

The first strip of bars on asoke corner from barbie bar to yings corner were there in Dec 1999. The others sprung up since then. Most of the original bars, in fact all now I think, have changed hands since they opened. -peter

Red,

Just got in. Wild weekend. You know the score.

Anyway, I read the post before I got to your reply to it and I was thinking exactly the same thing. Our mutual friend from Soi 10.

If it ain't then there must be two of 'em. Myself, I hope she does get out of the business running a bar as the last time we were in there you may recall that I was somewhat concerned for her well-being. And with good reason IMO.

Says Hardy641:

She actually always told me that they won't close the place, because they can't build a huge complex on it, because of the subway station below ....

The pilings for a major building (up to about 40 stories I recall) were sunk about 3-4 years ago, they were then tarmaced over and the carpark came into existence, so expect to see actual construction taking place quite quickly.

Says thai3:

the metro station being a block on a big building going up.

i do not think so!!! there is only one entrance at the edge of this piece of land, where all the Asoke bars are on. the main part of the station lies under Asoke Road and has several floors (3 if i recall correctly, one for a shopping area, one for ticketing and one where the trains arrive and depart); they have never digged up this part of land but they digged up Asoke for several years (i have lived in high rise building nearby and have observed this closely)

Archived