Medical bill for sick girl

carew66

Large hospital bills are not unheard of. I paid a bill for a friend that was north of 40,000bt. The condition was serious and the stay was for 5 days at a private hospital. Payment was easy as the hospital took direct payment with my credit card.

Your friend can easily check the bill with the hospital to see if it was legitimate just have them fax a copy.

Again, thanks guys and sorry to have bothered you with this. I appreciate the time and effort taken to assist.

All this advice has been good solid stuff.

Cardinalblue, Mailuk and HighThaied ? yep, all your points have been taken on board and in many ways you have already articulated what my pal was thinking himself.

HT ? it was suspected that this is a common ploy so thanks for confirming it and all of you for further suggesting ways in which it could be substantiated as such (or not, as the case may be). Great stuff.

Buffalo Bill ? re. your point. It seems the natural course of action doesn?t it? That was my gut reaction at the time I found out.

At this moment no actual request has been received but the foundations have been laid by the girl. I hate to seem so suspicious ? after all they can?t all lie all the time ? or can they? :)

Also ? for those members that PM?d me. Cheers geezers and I owe you one. It?s all about a problem shared being a problem halved I suppose. On this board the problem gets quartered, eighthed and eventually dessicated! Which is why it?s the best forum I?ve come across in a long while.

Normal service shall now be resumed.

1 Night in Pattaya Bangkok hospital last week for my GF came to 12,000 baht.

Room was 1500 (private room)

Saline drips 600 each * 3 = 1800 baht

Doctors fee's 500 *3 = 1500 baht

Medicines approx: 1,500 baht

nursing fees 800 per day * 2 = 1600

Food 300 baht day * 2 = 600

Emergency room consultation = 1500 baht

Blood, urine tests about 2,000 baht

Oxygen = 300 baht a day

I was staggered when I got the bill. They said they were only keeping her in for observation as she was hyper - ventilating.

be warned, hospitals in Pattaya are not cheap. By the way there are no government hospitals as such in Pattaya. For a govt hospital, you need to go about 10KM's to Banglamung. My GF was determined to walk out when they estimated the bill to be in the region of 10-15000 baht, only they had already hooked her up to saline drip and Oxygen.

Cheers

ask for the name of the hospital and the "patient" number .you can then telephone the hospital and get the details of the treastment and the bill QED

I spent a day in the Churchillian hospital Bangkok with food poisioning a couple of years ago the bill was so cheap I couldn't claim it back on my travel insurance. The bill including the consultation, medication and 2 saline drips only came to about 2500, I don't know the situation now though.

Archived