Medical bill for sick girl

carew66

Can you guys assist possibly?

I have a friend in London who has a particular attachment to a particular girl in Pattaya. No money going out from him or anything just the usual emails and crap.

Anyway - there has been an ominous silence for 6 days. No emails or anything. It was her birthday last week and - nothing heard. On Sunday he gets an email from her friend in Bangkok (they all met in Pattaya ) who tells him that Girl A has been sick with 'stomach' and has had to go to hospital. She has phoned her to tell my friend via email that is the reason for the non-communication.

Today he has email from Girl 'A' (The Sicky) who tells him the same story but in a little more detail. Went to doctor with stomach pains - diagnosis 'gastritis' and was in hospital for 2 days and is now at home sick. She cannot work and owes her friend money for the treatment.

Although she has not specifically asked for cash it looks as though this may be on the cards.

Assuming that her story is not horseshit (and that she didn't just piss up her birthday week) what would a reasonable request for that kind of medical treatment be? Roughly. Very roughly.

A few grand would not bother my friend too much at all (it would be virtually useless as fun money) but he is no mug and wants to have a ball park figure so that he can tell her to fuck off if an outrageous sum is suggested.

He appreciates that this might - might - be a variation on sick buffalo but he would hate to get it wrong and fuck her up.

No lectures please - just an idea of medical costs.

Cheers geezers and geezerettes. :help:

I am sorry but I just do not believe this.

Medical costs for Thais are small.

If your friend feels some responsibility for the fact that she got sick and is unable to bonk customers due to the illness, well, for Pattaya I would suggest 1500/day if she is a bar girl, 2500 for a GGG! This would also cover medical costs.

I guess the 'ailment 'is gastroenteritis, this is not normally serious, nor requiring hospitalisation unless severe dehydration occurs.

Sorry, I suppose I am lecturing despite your request.

Tell her not to eat Lao food :)

seriously, when they say " go to hospital" it is not a big deal like here, since it really means ( for us farangs) went to see the doctor.

a little course of pepto bismol should take care of it.

( and lay off the Lao food)

All you guys - thanks a lot, seriously. It's become a big worry for my friend and being 0000's of miles away it's useful. Jacko - no you weren't lecturing mate. Chill. I've had a lot of useful information so far and at least I've got a start point. I will communicate this to my friend.

More than likely she went to a gov hospital to get treatment. The cost would be low especially from our perspective. But it is a cost to her nevertheless, something she didn't expect and the flip side would be lost revenue if not working. That is the real blow...

As to not being hospitalized for a diganosos. I have observed people are hospitalized for even a fever here. Remember, other than their 30B scheme plan, everything is cost reimbursement so the incentive is to charge them the kitchen sink based on thieir level of integrity.

As to how much for medical costs?. As for the bill since hospital to hospital (1500 to 3000 for small treatment) can vary greatly even though small potatoes to us, ask for a copy of the bill or if you trust her (inconvenient/more cost to send a fax), ask her what did she pay and for her to keep the bill to see on your next visit.

I hope your friend gives her the benefit of the doubt as the positives (helping her) to her far outweigh the negatives (lying and the loss of a few dollars).......

Cardinalblue

I hope your friend gives her the benefit of the doubt as the positives (helping her) to her far outweigh the negatives (lying and the loss of a few dollars).......

I agree with this but only if he follows your initial advice of getting the bill FIRST.

Carew, same occurred with me, with my girl going silent for awhile, than a phone call from girl B saying my girl is in the hospital. She wasn't trying to get money from me, just a simple case of lying to cover the fact that she was off with a farang for a two week trip and could not communicate with me.

Quick call to the hospital to ask if she is/was a patient solved the mystery. You'll need her full name and hosp name to go this route, just ask her for it.

MaiLuk

Hi carew66,

Could never understand why this a such a problem with punters??? A VERY, VERY common scam in LOS.

Simple solution: Tell the person to have the hospital email/fax you the itemized bill, and you will then pay it for them.

If it's not forthcoming, then you know it's a scam. Simple as that!

If you're really suspicious, then only ask for a fax. Will have letter head/cover sheet/logo that they (B/G), will not know how to dupilcate. No way will a B/G be able to come up with a legit looking medical bill. If you do receive one, then match phone number with one listed in BKK phone book, and call them, to discuss payment procedures. This will take all of 10 minutes of your time.

Very easy......and fail proof.

HT

Archived