Pattaya movie goers etiquette

Palatkik

Remembered last weekend why I prefer going to the cinema in Bangkok to Pattaya. We saw Bruce Almighty at the SF Cinecomplex near BigC in north Pattaya and the crowd really can get quite annoying. None stop talking throughout the show, one BG on the phone in LOUD bg Engrish to her punter boy friend from overseas wondering where she was! Another guy had paid 100B to fall asleep and snore throughout. The three year old kid I got placed next too was squirting his carton juice over my legs through the straw and to top it all the projector broke down twice during the film. I didn?t think projectors broke down any more in these new cineplexes!

Cheers,

Sounds appalling. I?ve always had a great time at the cinema in Thailand. Usually find good, clean facilities and active audience interaction in Chiang Mai. My only complaint would be small audience numbers sometimes.

Craziest cinema I?ve visited was in Bombay, India where an Indian film was showing (?Chori Chori Chopte Chopte?). The Indian guys go mad for their films there. Singing along with the songs and shouting at the villains..

Damn, I was going to start a thread on this exact topic. I think you got ?em all? cell phone monkeys, loud conversations, snoring farangs, yelling children?

I have never been to a showing at Big C that did not have at least one projection glitch? the worst was during the new ?Matrix?, when the screen went dark for 5 minutes during the big fight sequence. Normally, the Thai audience will just remain silent waiting for the gods to fix things? but this night there were about a dozen cobra gold navy boys there? there cat-calls and cursing was most amusing.

It?s nice, though, that you can reserve your seats? have never had to ask anyone to move.

Says Palatkik:

Remembered last weekend why I prefer going to the cinema in Bangkok to Pattaya. We saw Bruce Almighty at the SF Cinecomplex near BigC in north Pattaya and the crowd really can get quite annoying. None stop talking throughout the show, one BG on the phone in LOUD bg Engrish to her punter boy friend from overseas wondering where she was! Another guy had paid 100B to fall asleep and snore throughout. The three year old kid I got placed next too was squirting his carton juice over my legs through the straw and to top it all the projector broke down twice during the film. I didn?t think projectors broke down any more in these new cineplexes!

Cheers,

Archived