'Sexual SARS'... What would YOU do???

MooNoi

Okay... here's a hypothetical for you... :doah:

I would think that most, if not all of us worry about AIDS when we partake in sanuk in LOS. But in reality, when you play it safe, it reduces your chances dramatically of catching the damned thing, so we put it in the backs of our minds.

Let's say there is a new disease in the world, similar to SARS, but its only transmitted sexually, wearing a condom doesn't make any difference as its can somehow find its way through latex. (Ok... unlikely, but its a hypothetical, remember??) This disease originated in Asia, and can be spread by intercourse, kissing, and oral sex.

There is no cure at this stage, but it is not completely fatal, and maybe 1 in 10 people will die if they catch it.However you will still get pretty ill and have to be hospitalised if you do catch it.

There is no way of knowing how many people are infected with this virus, especially in the bars and go gos of LOS.

You have 2 weeks holiday a year, and you've planned your trip to LOS for 5 months now. The health authorities say that the epidemic will increase, and a cure/vaccine is at least 6 months away. If you don't go to LOS for this holiday, you will have to wait another year before you can go again.

Go and take the risk?

Or stay home and wait until next year?

:dunno:

My response would be based on how many cases are recorded. If were as small a number as there are SARS patients today (particularly in Thailand), I'd keep on sanuking without a second thought.

Basically, though, we already have this situation, don't we? I mean, SARS can certainly be passed by having sex with someone, and the use of a condom is completely irrelevent.

Let me get this senario straight. You fuck a Thai bar girl, and you have a 1 in 10 chance of dying from the encounter?

Actually, from what you propose, even kissing a person residing in Asia, would produce the same odds.

I find it very hard to believe that anyone, except those with a death wish, would accept those odds.

As it is, I never go 'anal' with a B/G, and very rarely, vaginal. And when done, is with a 'quality' condom, from US. A Thai girls mouth, and hands, can give as great a satisfaction, given the right direction, as penetration in her.

I sanuk to the exstreme, when there........God knows. I'm also very, very carefull. I'll subject myself to STD's, as a calculated risk (been lucky so far), but not where my mortality is concerned. I love my sanuk in Thailand, but I won't die for it.

HT

Hmmmm....

Why does this question seem (to me) to be a thinly veiled "If no sex was to be had in LOS would you still go?" sort of question....

But to answer your question, I would probably go to Czech. or Brazil or Cuba or somewhere else until the situation was closer to "business as usual". (I keep threatening after every Thailand trip to do Brazil next time, but it just never materializes.)

I'm not going to BS anyone here. If it wasn't for the "sanuk scene" I would only visit ONCE. My vacation time/money is scarce and I need the most "BANG" for my buck!! :D

-=/NN

Archived