Honey Hotel Soi 19

Has anyone stayed at the Honey Hotel on Soi 19 recently? I have heard some good things about it, but the thai girl I email with that works in soi cowboy says it is terrible. Any comments? I assume it is guest friendly etc.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

many BG believe, the Honey Hotel is haunted; in particular one room, where somebody died (killed or suicide, not natural anyway).

that story has been covered in this board several times. do a search.

this is common believe among thais. for example difficult to sell a second hand car, in which somebody died.

I stayed there once, but not recently, maybe 4 or 5 years ago. Took a girl there I'd picked up in Thermae. Stayed all night, but looks like they had some ST rooms, because at first Reception thought that's what I wanted. Didn't have my passport of course, so I just made up a number to fill in. No problem. Nice then, don't know about now.

damn...now I'm a bit scared to stay there. Just my luck I'd get the haunted room! It is in a convenient location though and my ex bg knows the hotel I normally stay at so I am trying to find someplace new that is not 1500 baht a night. Thanks for the info.

I have heard very good things about the Manhattan Hotel, which is very close by if not on the same soi. Just around the corner from Thermae, I know. Not stayed there myself, but one of my long-term girls told me that's her favorite hotel among all the ones in the area, including the Nana. I think it's priced similar to Nana, but certainly less than 1500 baht.

I stayed at the Honey several times early this year. Clean, comfortable rooms; B800 including breakfast. No elevator, rooms are on 3 levels. It has a small pool, the staff are friendly and there is no guest hassel. It is frequently booked-up, walk in availability is rare.

No ghostly spirits intruded in any way on my sybaritic activities, nor did any girl express any hesitation about going there.

I think it's one of the 2 best buys in BKK, the other being the Fortuna on soi 5.

dj

I will check out both the Manhattan and the Fortuna. I have seen the Fortuna many times but always thought it would be much more expensive and have guest charges. I made reservations at the Honey though so we will see if it is haunted! :)

The Fortuna was B1000, not including breakfast. Has a nice pool and friendly staff. Ask to see room first, there are a few at the end of the right hand hall that are a little on the small side. Never a problem with a guest, I don't remember them asking for ID's. Not much of a lobby scene for other sanukers, mostly older Japanese men hanging out. They usually had a walk-in room available, even in February.

I liked that one time I went in there at 7am, just having come off an all night bus from Udon Thani, and they let me check in and occupy the room, none of that wait untill 2 pm shit.

dj

Archived