Generous at Thai Immigration

I was supposed to leave the Kingdom on the 25th. I was going to Singapore to obtain a non-immigrant Visa; but, I developed acute gastroenteritis with a spiking fever.

Immigration in BKK had already given me 14 days beyond the one month extension to my last tourist Visa. I was hoping for another week, with the full understanding that I might well be on my way to Poipet the next day! :(

I heard a mobile in the building ringing "Jingle Bells." Well, maybe that was a good omen, for, what a surprise I got up in Rm 206 ... they gave me until July 11th ... an extra 16 days at no charge! ... I was very thankful but stunned ... I went back to the counter on the first floor to check if I shouldn't pay the normal 500 Baht there ... she wouldn't take my money (you know she could have, same upstairs) ... she just gave me a nice smile. :bow:

... squeezed my cheeks the whole way home ... and, made it. Has anyone ever seen a farang shit his drawers on Skytrain or a motorbike taxi? ... it must have happened :dunno:

Archived