Accomodation in Kanchanaburi?

Has anyone any recommendations for places to stay in Kanchanburi for a couple of nights? Say mid-range prices.

Also, I am aware Kanachanburi is a large place, where is the best place to stay on a first trip there? It has been suggested to stay in Kanachaburi town itself.

Thanks,

Apple's Guest House, on Thanon Maenam Kwai looked fairly good when I went there to eat one evening ( great food ). (Didn't stay there though, as I'd already booked into a dump round the corner - and couldn't be bothered to change.)

It's really a backpackers place though - but a bit more upmarket. There's loads of places to stay in the area, and more in the next street Soi Rong Heeb Oil, though these are even cheaper, but some of the rooms are on rafts over the river, which is kind of a novelty.

Try to stay in this sort of area, as this is where most of the fun is - there are also a number of reasonably priced bars along Thanon Maenam Kwai (south end), that will see to your nocturnal needs.... :hubba:

:beer:

I stayed at the River Kwai, midscale place, thanon sanchuto, the mainroad, around 1000 baht/night. Might have had his best days. Have big MP next doors where I

was the exicitement of the day: a farang!!!

They have a disco in the basement, but no single cat there at 22.00h. Was some night activity in the surrounding streets.

Also tried VL guesthouse somewhere opposite River Kwai hotel, good value for 500b.

I splurged for one week there last year at the Felix Resort. Booked it thru Asiatravel.com for about 2000 Bt/Night.

Big nice resort, right next to the Kwai Bridge (on the other, much less crowded side).

To get into town one could either hire a (rather costly) car transfer from the Hotel, or walk over the Bridge, a total 10 Minute walk from the Room.

From the other Side of the Bridge were plenty of Motos to bring you to town for 20 Baht or so.

Definitely recommended, big Pool, really nice layout, decent Rooms, great (though expensive) Chinese Restaurant, but cheaper eateries near the Bridge.

Sunny

Archived